7-year pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-year pitch

Well it's now 7 years since divorce and I'm finally going through all of my "bins" and getting it all ready for shredding. I started to read some stuff and then decided not to do that.... just chuck it. So its out with all company records, divorce stuff.... I have records going back to purchase of our first home in 1981. I also have a closet full of boxes with my parents records and I believe they even kept estate records of their parents!!!!

I've worked myself up to this task. I started last month by pulling 5 plastic bins out into my office area and have been tripping over them.

So.... I'm off to proceed with this unpleasant but necessary task!!!!

good for you!!!

I have stuff the ex left here but for some reason I havent donated it or pitched it yet. It s just mostly stuff like board games he had etc. There was a pile of stuff downstairs and he went through it and this is the stuff he left. Mind you there is income tax stuff in the attic that I will eventually have to dig out and if he doesnt want it I will shred it.

I dont know why I am holding on to this stuff. Its not in the way as it is in the basement and space isnt an issue. The games are not ones I would ever play so they are just gathering dust. Maybe on holidays this year I will do I big purge of clothes etc and head to goodwill.

Comment

I guess with each passing year I am more and more conscious of the fact that if I don't deal with the paper my son would have to do it someday when I'm gone and I don't want to leave him with this burden. I shudder at the thought of him reading all the documents.

An interesting thing happened today though. I found some old university papers of a friend (don't know how I ended up with them). I googled her and she is now a "Dr" and I sent her an email asking if she would be interested in my mailing them to her. To my surprise she emailed right back. We were able to reconnect after more than 20 years!

Yes I have come across all sorts of papers. I know I will feel good after this task is completed.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        I guess with each passing year I am more and more conscious of the fact that if I don't deal with the paper my son would have to do it someday when I'm gone and I don't want to leave him with this burden. I shudder at the thought of him reading all the documents.

An interesting thing happened today though. I found some old university papers of a friend (don't know how I ended up with them). I googled her and she is now a "Dr" and I sent her an email asking if she would be interested in my mailing them to her. To my surprise she emailed right back. We were able to reconnect after more than 20 years!

Yes I have come across all sorts of papers. I know I will feel good after this task is completed.

Good luck with your daunting task! Decluttering and organizing is always therapeutic for me and well worth it in the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

must be nice.. I'm holding onto every piece of document reciept etc.. lol...

when I smarten up a bit I'm going to use the photocopier at my work to scan all documents to PDF file.. and upload them to google drive.. except foe documents I want original copies..

I would have have taken the documents with me camping.. and started a fire with them.. and watch them burn into ashes ...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X