Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2016, 11:16 AM
anna2016 anna2016 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4
anna2016 is on a distinguished road
Default Forms & processs to file for divorce? Please help.

I have form 8A Application for Divorce. This is not a joint application and there are no property or child support issues. We have been separated for almost 20 years, children are in late 20s.

- Do I need to include/serve an Affidavit for Divorce form 36 along with the marriage certificate?
- Do I also need to serve with the application a Registraiton of Divorce Proceedings form?
- Do I go to the courthouse before I serve to put the name of the court and address first, with a seal? Or do I just add the name and address then file the affidavit of service with the court after service?

Please help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Kinso Kinso is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 276
Kinso is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Anna,

1) Your marriage certificate can be filed with your Application (Form 8A), OR with your Affidavit for Divorce (Form 36), either is acceptable.

2) You do not need to serve the Registration of Divorce Proceedings Form on your husband, just file it with the court.

3) Put the name and address of the court on the documents before you head to court to have them put the seal on.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:20 AM
mafia007's Avatar
mafia007 mafia007 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 305
mafia007 is on a distinguished road

Divorce should be done right from the start when you first file/initiate for separation. This way, it is requested from the start and as soon as you get your separation agreement, an order will be made for divorce.

Not only it's faster and easier but you don't need to file again later and having to deal with the Court process and spend tons of money. My thoughts... when a marriage has reach the end, it means it is over. To officialise this, you need a divorce. The separation agreement is by definition what it is call "a separation agreement". Meaning that you can no longer live together as a couple in the same matrimonial home but you can live together separately under an agreement and still being married. Think of it... you were still married for another 20 years after you concluded it wasn't possible anymore? No really? When it's over, it's OVER. -FINI-

D.I.V.O.R.C.E. Do I need to sign the song as well? LOL
Sorry, I needed to vent a little as I badly hurt myself today doing my electrical improvements in my house!
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ex is Military stillstrong Financial Issues 22 06-03-2011 06:31 PM
What Forms To Use DunnMom Divorce & Family Law 5 03-10-2011 09:35 PM
Getting your file from lawyer Rao Agnihotri Divorce & Family Law 3 04-13-2010 12:21 AM
Filing forms cowboyup Divorce & Family Law 0 12-03-2009 12:14 PM
Going to File Forms 15 & 15A - Anything I Should Know? Maggie82 Divorce & Family Law 2 10-29-2008 10:29 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.