X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA Finally Signed and Matrimonial Home is Conditionally Sold

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share some news....

Our Matrimonial Home is Conditionally Sold, 2 weeks 2 days on the market....they have till 28 July to meet all conditions, and they want it for Sept 30....guess that means I'm gonna have to start packing

Then, my STBX finally signed the SA, he's only had it since June 10th....again however he had issue with paying me an equalization cs payment of $200/month and that's it. I did not ask for SS and I did not go after his pension, he worked hard for it and earned it, and I have my own, as a Gov Employee mine will probably be better than his in the long run anyway.

Things are moving so fast my head is kinda spinning, I feel like I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop! I have read so many stories on this forum about the hell that most people have had to go through that I kinda feel like it's to good to be true.

I know that I've made the right decision for me and my kids, and now I'm getting ready to start the next chapter in my life......when we finally told the kids, my oldest asked if it was like friends of his and I told him yes, 1 week with mom, 1 week with dad, his response "Cool, more presents at Christmas time cause there will be two houses". My youngest was concerned about pets, told him mom was taking the two cats to her place so he thinks we need to get another for dads house....dad said no, told him he could pet the fish when they were at his house, my smart 5 year old of course did not fall for this telling dad you can't pet fish!

So far the STBX and I have been getting along just fine, I hope it stays that way for the sake of my children and co-parenting.

Angie

good for you. My stbx is starting to get petty about things and just trying to jab the knife in a few last times with comments like how nice his new gf is and how she does so much for him (lol so did i at the start and once i saw it wasnt appreciated and reciprocated i stopped doing the little things) How he let me get the house from him at less then half (no way, i had an official appraiser come in, ex is going by what other houses that are all done up and newly painted etc have been going for) and just comments like that. I havent risen to the bait and told him that my relationship has been going on since March and that his 4 combined do not add up to that. He doesnt even know I am seeing someone and its none of his business and I refuse to rub it in his face.

Its nice when things are almost done isnt it??? Are you finding it more stressful as you are getting closer to the end of it?? I know I am and I am not sure why, just wonder if it is normal.

Comment

I really hope everything goes through for you.
      My house was conditionally sold 1 week after we put it on the market. That was January...we're now in July and I'm still stuck with the house, and now have lost the buyer because my ex denied an extension request from the buyer.

It's been 3 years and I just want to move on with my life!

Comment

Pink

I know exactly how you feel. I'm a year in a half in with almost zero progress. I'm still getting blocked from putting my matrimonial home up for sale. He's stalled it 3 times now because I think he gets some odd pleasure from forcing me to live in the house.

I've given up trying to be reasonable with him since he refused to mediate and basically lied on every court document he's put forward to date...so I'm basically hell bent on proving that he's lying. I'm sick of the manipulative crap...its why I wanted the divorce in the first place. He's losing control and its making him more and more angry. He HATES not being able to tell me what to do. He's resorted to yelling at my family members..accusing them of plotting against him etc....even though they babysit our kids for free anytime we need help...and have done so for the last 20 years.

The good news is that we've been doing pretty well managing the kids...they seem to be pretty happy considering the divorce is still pending. And I've met the man of my dreams. He's an incredible guy in every possible way, we've been together for almost a year now and he's unconditionally supported me through all of this mess. I would have been fine being single and divorced but having him just makes the divorce almost more of a nuisance than a major problem. I know whatever comes, I'm going to be a very happy woman (with primary custody of my children) after this whole mess is over. Frankly, I'm living to move out of my house right now...once that is over...things will be amazing.

Life really does go on...divorce isn't a life sentence regardless of how the court and stbx spouses try to make it so.

Comment

I am finding it to be bitter sweet actually! I am excited that I am finally able to take the next step in the chapter of my life, I know I made the right decision.

Stress, yes, now I have to find a place to live and I have to start packing.....wish I could win the lottery so someone else could pack for me....

I'll keep you posted on my progress and I do hope that things start to move more swiftly for you as well.

Ang

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X