Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trial is Done, house ordered to be sold but...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial is Done, house ordered to be sold but...

now I beleive that my ex is going to cause trouble. He is living in the house and is not going to give it up so easily.
    The court ordered the house be immediately listed with a MLS realtor, and that he be compliant with showings until sold. The mortgage gets paid, and also the lawyer and real estate agent, then the remaining money divided between us. I e-mailed ex stating I had found an agent, if he chose to not deal with him then he could find another with the same agency and they would split the 6% between the two. He responded with anger (of course) and asking if I wanted to be held responsible for him having to move into a one bedroom house, the kids would lose the house (they dont even have appropriate bedrooms etc - they are only there every 2nd weekend anyway). He also went on to saying he would offer me money to stay and keep the house (he in no way could come up with $50,000 - $60,000 which is what my half would end up being). He furthermore insinuated that he thinks I wanted him back and heard my s/o 'was mad' over the fact I had been in contact with him last October (a face to face discussion about the kids). I am left thinking this is some kind of blackmail. He had threatened to cause trouble with me and my s/o over the past few years, stating that he was going to tell him that we were still sleeping together etc... I just want him to go away, the divorce is done. He was already warned by the police to stay away from us last fall when he caused trouble at our house.
    Any suggestions of how to handle this?

Go back to court if he is in breach of the order.

Comment

Hi I'm new at this

Hi like that top says I'm new at this battle . Let me give you some background my husband and I have or shoul say had been together for 16 yrs since I was 16 we have 3 children 14-11-8 we've always been together no breaks nothing then since august we purchased a restaurant it was said that I would continue to work while the restaurant took off and my best frend who was like a sister would work the restaurant with hubby since she just lost her job no reason no to trust her after all we had opened our home to her, her husband and child when they lost Their home this was someone my children called their aunt so long story short I'm sure u all know where I'm going at this point , guess I was blind .. Hubby tells mr that he needs a break and leaves just find out today that both hubby and bestfriend have feelings for eachother I could sence something was not right and asked them both all the time if anything was going on was always lied to and reasured that it was
      nothing just work ... My heart is broken my children are devistated we are lost I can't eat, sleep or live.... I need possitive in my life right now I need someone who's dealt with something like this explain to me how I move foward?

Comment

Traumagirl,
        What you need to do is stay focused on the goal. He is now desperate and will try to manipulate, coherse and anything else that he comes up with. He will dream up all kinds of things that he can do. The best thing you can do is not entertain him. If you react to him he will only dig deeper.

If he tries to make you feel guilty on a one-bedroom apartment then your reply can be "get two bedrooms then". Dont fight or argue. He will feed of it.

For the house .... just "do what ya gotta do". Dont give him options. Options allow him time to think and stall. Just make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryingtosurvive View Post
          Hi like that top says I'm new at this battle . Let me give you some background my husband and I have or shoul say had been together for 16 yrs since I was 16 we have 3 children 14-11-8 we've always been together no breaks nothing then since august we purchased a restaurant it was said that I would continue to work while the restaurant took off and my best frend who was like a sister would work the restaurant with hubby since she just lost her job no reason no to trust her after all we had opened our home to her, her husband and child when they lost Their home this was someone my children called their aunt so long story short I'm sure u all know where I'm going at this point , guess I was blind .. Hubby tells mr that he needs a break and leaves just find out today that both hubby and bestfriend have feelings for eachother I could sence something was not right and asked them both all the time if anything was going on was always lied to and reasured that it was
          nothing just work ... My heart is broken my children are devistated we are lost I can't eat, sleep or live.... I need possitive in my life right now I need someone who's dealt with something like this explain to me how I move foward?
          I am so sorry for what they have done to you, and feel terrible for the uphill battle that you are facing. I understand that this is your first post, but you have hijacked traumagirl's thread.

You wont get many relevant answers until you re-post.

Try re-posting in Divorce Chat

Comment

im sorry

i wasent sure how to post lack of sleep at this point i think i didnt mean to interrupt in someones post ...guess im just not sure how this works or how i post lol i am sorry!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X