Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UCCB changes

Hey all,

Just learned that there are new UCCB changes taking affect this year, as of January. I think prior to, it was paid out to those with children under the age of 7, now those with children under the age of 18 will be receiving UCCB, as well.

I know that the UCCB and CCTB have been discussed a lot on here, whether or not they're to be factored in when calculating child/spousal support. I have read that the UCCB is NOT to be factored in when calculating child support, however it is to be added to one's line 150 when determining section 7 expenses. Easy enough, I think.

My first question is, do all those with children under the age of 18 receive the UCCB/CCTB? Or if your family income is too high, (whatever this amount might be) you're not eligible?

My second question is, if Mom is eligible, does anyone know how to calculate what she will receive in the UCCB monthly? Mom and Dad determine their proportions for daycare expenses each month, based on last year's incomes

Their incomes are based on their previous year's line 150, but the UCCB goes into effect this year for D8.

Below is a link to new family tax credits, if interested.

https://simpletax.ca/blog/2014/new-family-tax-credits

From my understanding all families would receive this new uccb. Regardless of income. Cctb will still be income based.

July is when the changes start, there will be a lump sum to cover Jan-June and then the new monthly amount will begin.

If you have one child d8, mom will get $60 per month.

Comment

CRA has a calculator on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by OntarioMomma View Post
        From my understanding all families would receive this new uccb. Regardless of income. Cctb will still be income based.

July is when the changes start, there will be a lump sum to cover Jan-June and then the new monthly amount will begin.

If you have one child d8, mom will get $60 per month.
        Or $100 for children under 8.

Comment

Yes as mentioned the changes took effect January 1st 2015, but they payouts won't be until July 2015.

Children ages 0 to 5 years, 11 month

PREVIOUSLY: $100/month = $1200/year
          NOW: $100/month January to June, $520 in July ($60 x 6months + $160 for July), $160/month August to December = $1920/year
          NEXT YEAR: $160/month = $1920/year

Children ages 6 to 17 years, 11 months

PREVIOUSLY: $0
          NOW: $0 January to June, $420 in July ($60 x 6months + $60 for July), $60/month August to December = $720/year
          NEXT YEAR: $60/month = $720/year

Of course divide that in half if you have shared custody.

CRA calculator here, CCTB based off of net income of previous year:

Child and family benefits calculators

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

We put the UCCB on the income of SC and she claimed him as a dependant As he lives with her most of the time. So the 1200 idoes not appear on her line 150. CRA was fine with that.

So not sure how that will effect section 7 expenses, as its not i come to the parent but to the child.

Comment

The UCCB increase has been countered by eliminating the federal "dependent children under 18" non-refundable tax credit.

Comment

Hoping this is not a threadjack:

I see that UCCB will now be paid out for children over 6, like CCTB currently is. I have 50/50 shared parenting, CRA has accepted it, and so now I get half the CCTB paid into my account and ex gets half paid into his. Which is as it should be. Does anyone know whether the new UCCB will be added onto CCTB and paid out the same way - will it just start appearing in my account for half the year and ex's for half? Or do I need to contact CRA to set this up? (I would really be happy to not have to deal with either CRA or my ex on this matter ...).

Comment

You should be able to apply online, as you do for cctb. Their website should tell you how and where to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
                      We put the UCCB on the income of SC and she claimed him as a dependant As he lives with her most of the time. So the 1200 idoes not appear on her line 150. CRA was fine with that.

So not sure how that will effect section 7 expenses, as its not i come to the parent but to the child.
                      Sorry just re read my post!

What I meant to post was.

We claim child as equilavent to spouse, which is still possible and then the UCCB is declared as his income, so it did not get added into Moms line 150.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X