Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judge Putting Condition on Motion Filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you requested it for a specific date then that is the date. Or if you filed at a certain date, that is the date.

For instance, my partners ex requested 2014 and that is the date they go with in their appearances. At their motion last fall the judge referenced that date and said nothing before. Even though its now five years later it stands as the date.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      If you requested it for a specific date then that is the date. Or if you filed at a certain date, that is the date.

For instance, my partners ex requested 2014 and that is the date they go with in their appearances. At their motion last fall the judge referenced that date and said nothing before. Even though its now five years later it stands as the date.
      Phew ok.

But since he stopped paying in June 17, and I only verbally asked for money for months, will that not count? January 18 I officially told him- via text not email- that I had had enough of his crap and that if he did not start paying guideline amount immediately I would be filing in court. He told me to take a hike so I filed then.

Comment

Your evidence that you asked him verbally should be enough, especially if your txt referenced the earlier conversations and did not come across as the first time you had asked.

Comment

Its still two years back. If it was more than three then the onus would be on you to show when you first asked for it and why it took so long.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X