This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a Lawyer...

...well guys, I just came back from seeing a lawyer about my situation, and he told me to accept the 5grand + the truck and leave quietly. He said I was stupid for only accepting $1000.00/month for doing all that I did for "the" business, but that I don't have a leg to stand on leagally against my common-law husband of 5yrs. Why?...because all the assets are tied up in the buisness. If I want to fight for more, I'd be taking the business to court and would be costly. I'm hurt, as I gave it my all and don't want to leave...but what could I say? Morally what he did to me was wrong, but apparently legally, well...
    My lawyer said if we went to court with the business, I'd come out pretty good...but I said no and will walk away with whatever I'm given.
    Good luck to you all, I hope in your situations that I've read about, things will turn around to make you happy. Thanks to those who listened.

Originally posted by girltrax101 View Post
    ...well guys, I just came back from seeing a lawyer about my situation, and he told me to accept the 5grand + the truck and leave quietly. He said I was stupid for only accepting $1000.00/month for doing all that I did for "the" business, but that I don't have a leg to stand on leagally against my common-law husband of 5yrs. Why?...because all the assets are tied up in the buisness. If I want to fight for more, I'd be taking the business to court and would be costly. I'm hurt, as I gave it my all and don't want to leave...but what could I say? Morally what he did to me was wrong, but apparently legally, well...
    My lawyer said if we went to court with the business, I'd come out pretty good...but I said no and will walk away with whatever I'm given.
    Good luck to you all, I hope in your situations that I've read about, things will turn around to make you happy. Thanks to those who listened.
    Brrrrrrrrrr. I am lost here. Is that by any chance lawyer recommended to you by your ex ?

You should always have at least 2 better 3 opinions... Not just one and let it go...

Comment

Originally posted by girltrax101 View Post
      ... Morally what he did to me was wrong...
      Are talking about his financial offer? It was simply an offer, and it was close to what you wanted.

If you are talking about ending his relationship with you - everyone has a right to decide who they are with. That is what put us all here on this forum, and while it is not what YOU wanted, it is what he wanted - you were not even married.

You can blame the kids etc (as does he too), but come on, in the end all things considered, he does not want you. There is nothing morally wrong with that, as almost all relationships end.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X