Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
    Am I the only one who enjoyed it?

I actually enjoyed all the litigation, I think the legal divorce process was more rewarding than the marriage itself. I should thank my ex-wife for being such an idiot and cheating on me... I never would have had all this fun.

I've practically forgotten my marriage, like it never happened! The euphoria of defeating evil lawyers and judges despite having the full machinery of the state pointed against me is spectacular. I didn't even feel like I was against my ex-wife (she was a non-factor), it was more me and against the system.

I appreciate to that I got the chance to learn about the law, i am a richer person because of it.

If I manage to win my lawsuit against my ex-wife's lawyers, I am gonna write a book....

I even applied to law school because of all this.
    I'm like Links17 in some ways. I don't mind self representing at all. I beat my ex in the last trial and she had a lawyer then I won a contempt of court motion filed by my ex where the judge said "Mr X, you think you are smarter than every family court lawyer and judge including me...and you probably are. Contempt of Court is dismissed" There is another trial coming up this year and I expect to win that one too. I also agree with Links17 that all you need to spend is about 20 hours and you can easily represent yourself. Links17 does know one thing that I don't know so if he is around I want this question answered. He is suing his ex's lawyers (and this is what I want to do) but everything I have read is that this is almost impossible to do. If he could share the procedures for doing that, I'm all ears.

Comment

Links17 does know one thing that I don't know
      Only one thing?

I think you probably want to know what the BASIS is of suing an opposing lawyer.

I am in Quebec so it is a little different but the basis is as follows.

If anybody interferes with any of your CHARTER rights in a malicious manner Quebec law gives you the right to seek punitive damages which is a form of damages simply with the purpose dissuading others from repeating the same behaviour.

Examples are if somebody files a completely baseless motion against you which is blameworthy (you made up the basis upon which you sued that person for example on purpose). You have the right to get extrajudicial damages (your legal fees) and punitive damages.

Also thinks like somebody tries to put you in jail (via contempt) and it is completely manufactured then they attempted to interfere with your charter right to freedom so they can be in trouble. An example is this case:
      http://canlii.ca/t/ggnsj (quite funny, the dealerships presented forged receipt that they had to clean urine from the side of a car to frame somebody).

Lawyers can always transfer the blame to their clients but if the lawyer MUST have known that the motion was blameworthy or evidence manufactures I think they can be held responsible.

I am still researching, I plan to start the process perhaps June of this year after. I will definitely share my results here, lawyers need to be held accountable if we want things to get bettter.

Comment

http://lemedecinduquebec.org/Media/8...osiers1104.pdf
        (there is some stuff about ontario damages there)

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
          I am still researching, I plan to start the process perhaps June of this year after. I will definitely share my results here, lawyers need to be held accountable if we want things to get bettter.
          For your research I submit for your review:

Lawrence v. Peel Regional Police Force, 2004 CanLII 66278 (ON SC)
          Lawrence v. Peel Regional Police Force, 2005 CanLII 3934 (ON CA)
          Lawrence v. Peel Regional Police Force, 2009 CanLII 19934 (ON SC)
          Lawrence v. Peel Regional Police Force, 2009 CanLII 27831 (ON SC)
          Lawrence v. Peel Regional Police Force, 2010 ONSC 6317 (CanLII)
          Andrew Mark Alexander Lawrence v. Peel Regional Police Force and Theresa Maclean, 2012 CanLII 11270 (SCC)

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

Actually Links17, I was asking about the process to sue opposing counsel. My experience suggests it is almost impossible to do this and I don't know the process to do this. The last thing I am going to do is hire a malpractice lawyer to sue a family court lawyer for malpractice. I'd be giving money to the malpractice lawyer with no guarantee I'd get any damages. No thanks to that scenario. So I wanted to do it on my own but I don't know the process. And it could be different in Quebec vs Ontario.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X