No announcement yet.

Unbelievable.... I nearly threw up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a parent is wealthy their kid (not ex-wife) should have the best of everything and every parent wants that for their kid.
    Lol we are saying the same thing.... Slowly
    Read my posts....

Comment

• A discussing which makes women like you uncomfortable.
      lol, nothing about men like you makes me uncomfortable. You and your opinions are irrelevant to my life. I simply find your kind highly amusing.

You have a really hard time when people don't agree with you but it doesn't change the fact that they do disagree with you.

Comment

• Life can be quite unpredictable.

What do you say about the man who marries a "blue-blood" for family contacts (and everything else that goes along with the prize) gets set up in business by the woman and her family and then who goes on to rob her blind?

I have often seen these wanna-be's hanging around trying to latch themselves onto a trophy. Some are not so obvious, they instead drown their wife in debt by duping her into having her 'guarantee' risky investments or just reckless spending.

So you think these losers should be able to walk away, start new families (new suckers) and have the confidence of knowing they have a "cap" on what they will pay for child or spousal support in the future? I think that is what you are really talking about - letting people off the hook for their responsibilities.

Family court isn't bankruptcy court - there isn't a financial "fresh start" program which erases your debts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Concerned View Post
          Lol we are saying the same thing.... Slowly
          Read my posts....

You can whine and whine. Once you divorce and are responsible for CS, you have no say as to how it is spent. If you have half a brain, before you marry and decide that you want children with your spouce, you should have some sense of her priorities, how she handles money, how devoted she is, selfless etc. If you are stupid enough to marry trash who would take CS and spend it on herself then too friggen bad for you. Don't blame the system, take ownership of your blood flow issues and how you choose a partner. If she was good enough to marry and good enough to have sex with and create a child--live with your decision. Family Law is not set up to protect your "manly" decisions and dumb choices.
          In my particular circumstance there never has been CS yet I choose to help my kids and support them in any way I can. and their father chooses not to, not even a birthday present not even a cup of coffee. So dont paint every woman with the same brush.
          Last edited by momforever1956; 04-13-2014, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• I have an issue with former spouses worrying/caring about what their ex spouses are doing with their "fresh starts/new lives". Simply put, don't relive a failed marriage. They aren't yours any more. Your opinion on their new life is irrelevant.

The only issue I *sometimes* take with CS is when we are nickled and dimed for xmas gifts for kids teachers that we never agreed or were even informed mom was buying....the sense of entitlement of spending more and more of our money is unreal. With the amount of money we pay I also get a little irritated when their bags are falling apart or they are dressed like raggamuffins. But then I remember that we CAN afford the nicer things and therefore we don't have to engage or banter with mom - we can just go buy what we need. And we do.

Of course, then we get an email about how WE waist OUR money on these things which is just a cicular argument, as her opinion is irrelevant!

Comment

• I have often seen these wanna-be's hanging around trying to latch themselves onto a trophy. Some are not so obvious, they instead drown their wife in debt by duping her into having her 'guarantee' risky investments or just reckless spending.
              I'm not saying this is right either. I am totally against any
              Financial opacity between parents or couples. I disagree
              With any type of fraud as well.

That's pretty much off topic Arabian. I know there are
              Men like women out there that profit from their partners
              Naiveness and rob them. That's not what I am talking
              About here.

So you think these losers should be able to walk away, start new families (new suckers) and have the confidence of knowing they have a "cap" on what they will pay for child or spousal support in the future? I think that is what you are really talking about - letting people off the hook for their responsibilities.
              And now a days the CP (usually women) don't get off the
              hook with that convenient child custody law.... Which grants
              them hefty CS /SS ...Hein???

However, again, I don't agree with anyone robbing from others.
              If one is wealthy, man or women and has the money
              to be able to support multiple CS caps, then why
              not. You are making it sound like every man would
              be able to achieve multiple CS caps. You are wrong,
              only very successful individuals would have such an
              advantage. And why shouldn't a rich man or women
              have this option to *comfortably* start over a second
              marriage.

What the current laws are saying is... No matter how
              Rich or successful or intelligent you are, that one marriage
              that you will be involved in, will be the last if you end up
              being the NCP. What kind of logic is that??

I have heard and seen many individuals from all
              walks of life go down this way. And mostly men shall I
              add.

Maybe you and others like you here have a vested interest
              that the current law don't change. But times have changed
              and so the law has to adapt as well.

Better and more stringent accountability of CS and
              SS need to be set in place. We have all the necessary
              technology to do it when compared to the technology
              we had in the 70's and 80's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serene View Post
                I have an issue with former spouses worrying/caring about what their ex spouses are doing with their "fresh starts/new lives". Simply put, don't relive a failed marriage. They aren't yours any more. Your opinion on their new life is irrelevant.
                And some people's opinion on the failed marriage might be considered to be irrelevant unless they are named in the divorce order (as is in the case of adultery).

Responsibility and payment of court-ordered support is a standard set out by our society. Simple really.

Comment

I have heard and seen many individuals from all
                  walks of life go down this way. And mostly men shall I
                  add.

Maybe you and others like you here have a vested interest
                  that the current law don't change. But times have changed
                  and so the law has to adapt as well.

Better and more stringent accountability of CS and
                  SS need to be set in place. We have all the necessary
                  technology to do it when compared to the technology
                  we had in the 70's and 80's.
                  I'll have you know that I am currently in litigation in the courts, and have been for several years now, so don't try to blow me off like I'm too old to comprehend what you are talking about. I was married in the 80's but divorced in 2010. I've owned businesses and you might find it surprising that I currently utilize modern technology (although my son would say I'm 'tarded about some things).

Technology has helped many people to be better able to track their ex's income. Technology helps people better navigate their personal finances. Not too many years ago someone could owe money to several ex's in different countries. Nowadays the technology allows for better tracking of deadbeats. I'm all for technology, believe me.

I also personally know more women (then men) who have lost bigger pots financially due to the demise of their marriages.

As an enlightened society we have to protect those who cannot protect themselves. For many people, CS is the difference between feeding their children and providing a home and not finding themselves in a shelter.

The laws we have are far from perfect but you have to pause and think through all of the ramifications of making sweeping changes (such as capping CS) to current legislation.

Current laws and processes exist for people to claim 'undue hardship' if they cannot afford to pay support.

Comment

• Arabian,

I am not trying to blow anyone off. I am discussing with you!

Technology can keep better track records through tout
                    the spending, (within and externally of CS payments)
                    and that my friend I guarantee it
                    Can be done for women and men alike....

But sometimes Arabian, you might realize that most
                    people don't like being transparent simply because
                    They have something to hide.

In any case I have provided many examples why I believe
                    what i preach. Oh by the way.... I just stumbled coincidentally
                    On this video about 5 min before I drew up this very post,
                    and even though this video is hard to believe, please view
                    it as a form of instigation for change just as I recommend...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RpPM-IXpDd8

You may have noticed a very familiar word in the video
                    That was used in this thread over and over!

No comment!

Comment

• Threads like this make me sad... PH, Arabian and all the others who are trying to make sense of what the OP is trying to argue... You are better off not wasting anymore time. Your time is spent better elsewhere. You are not going to convince this person at this time. They have their mind made up that they are right and the whole world revolves around their needs... Not the needs of a society.

Just read the first post:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...ncerened-5629/

My name is Rob, I am single, 43, and never been married with no kids........ yup, you read right! I gather you may be asking yourself, "So what the heck am I doing in this forum!!!!". hmmmm.

Well, I am getting to my midlife stage and sort of getting a little lonely. I am a very hard worker, I own 2 successful companies and I am well off.... let's just say I don't deprive myself from anything. Pretty handsome too.

So now your about to answer me with a post that says, "sorry Rob, but you are in the wrong forum and should be in the dating forum site down the hall !!!!!"
                      This poster clearly:

1. Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments

2. Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others

3. Envies others and believes others envy him/her

4. Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence

5. Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others

6. Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior

7. Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

Just saying...

Good Luck!
                      Tayken
                      Last edited by Tayken; 04-14-2014, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...92/index7.html

Finally some common sense, in an uncommonly annoying thread!

Comment

• The truth hurts....

I have said all I need to say an if you
                          Can't handle the thruth, that's your problem.

Most of you here spend years learning law
                          based on non fundamental reasonsinig
                          and think that you are soooo intelligent.

And with that arrogance in place,
                          Boffff.... Honestly tonight I know I will sleep
                          peacefully knowing that no money
                          siphoning law will reach into my walket.

And to all men that want to avoid this
                          trunk of crappy misguided laws.... Just
                          stay single.

I'm done here. And good luck
                          to all paying those blood sucking payments....
                          whoever and whatever they are for.

C

Comment

The truth hurts....

I have said all I need to say an if you
                            Can't handle the thruth, that's your problem.

Most of you here put hours learning law
                            based on non fundamental reasonsinig
                            and think that you are soooo intelligent.

And with that arrogance in place,
                            Boffff.... Honestly tonight I will sleep
                            peacefully knowing that no money
                            siphoning law will reach into my walket.

And to all men that want to avoid this
                            trunk of crappy misguided laws.... Just
                            stay single.

I'm done here. And good luck with
                            to all paying those blood sucking payments....
                            whoever and whatever those are for.

C
                            I sincerely hope that you abide by your promise and go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                              I sincerely hope that you abide by your promise and go away.
                              I seriously doubt it - he'll just come back under another avatar/name like he always does... could be any name Oink, Slug, FWB anything!!!!

Comment

• 1. Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments

2. Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others

3. Envies others and believes others envy him/her

4. Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence

5. Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others

6. Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior

7. Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

Just saying...

Good Luck!
                                Tayken
                                Nice try,
                                But you seem like you've been "taken" alright!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X