Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:36 PM

roxyroller71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
He deducts missed visits out of cs? Thats allowed in QC?
He gets his travel deducted from child support so that he can afford to visit his kid. He is Quebec and I am in Winnipeg. He chose to move. I have agreed to it so that my son could enjoy visits, even though I am very aware that he has travel costs paid for by his company into Winnipeg for business. (its also part of his contract as they have a location in Winnipeg so its a "business trip" and also gets frequent flier points from his company that also pays his travels).

The deductions are basically deducted to visit his son, and thus lowers child support to assist in visitation...BUT he basically misses visits and has basically shows up whenever he decides its convenient to show up.
Basically, Its just something to lower the child support.

I don't think its normal practice anywhere except for exceptional people.
That's said in rude bitch voice

Tags
child support formula