Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abba435 View Post
    This ruling is landmark (IMHO).
    I sent it over and the argument ended full stop.
    No breach, no motion, no fees, no stress for kids.
    Gold.
    In my view however there is an underlying problem if the ex goes batshit and automatically cancels access to the other parent over fear. Yes, the virus is tragic, but there are 14 million people in Ontario.....if we all do our part and social distance and take precautions, there should be no worry.

For me, I pick up kids at moms, and its straight to my house. No playgrounds, no playdates, no nothing. Maybe a stroll around the block where we are away from others.

But for ex to go batshit, it is clear there is an underlying issue that the ex truly does not value your relationship with your kids. Saying that your relationship with them is less valuable than hers. That it is secondary. Not as important. I am going to sound like a broken record, but I feel ex's should go to counseling to learn to value the role of the other parent.

My ex waltz'd into court saying "MINE!" and the judge was quick to correct her to say "BOTH OF YOURS". To this day my time with kids is considered "visits" and "fun-time" which I am just patiently waiting to 50/50

Comment

The use of the term visitation is increasingly frowned upon. It came up in my recent trial (as Respondent) in a joint custody situation. I use the term residency and the judge also used that term. I do not believe any legislation uses "visits". The term is not used in my agreement. We have a "residency schedule". The children "reside with" whoever who are responsible for their care during "residency"

Fine point maybe but I much prefer to have the children know they have a home with me not a place to visit. My ex refuses to use the term residence despite this being discussed in mediation years ago and my polite requests. This revealed and reinforced that exact underlying bat-shitness. It was about being superior, controlling and nasty.

If the system worked properly of curse every single divorce with kids would have standard protocol including expert social work to reduce conflict and this has been mentioned by me and others before.

The system as it is just fuels the shit of bats and makes lawyers feed off the conflict taking much needed cash from families and fuelling conflict, It is totally batshit.
      Last edited by Abba435; 04-04-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X