Links re: ejaculation and abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    The irony of a woman talking about personal responsibility all while insisting that a man has to financially provide for her child is sometimes too much to bear.

I know that sex is evil, and men need to be punished for having sex, and women are hapless victims who generally get raped every time they have sex, but a $100,000 fine seems a little excessive.
    The mans personal responsibility dealt with taking precautions to prevent pregnancy. If he doesn't want to be a dad then put on a condom or avoid intercourse. Its not a hard concept to understand.

Comment

100,000.00 is 'chump change' when you average it out over 20 years. Thankfully Canadian law of looking at income for purposes of determining CS comes into play.

Oh Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        1) no. If you give up a child for a legal adoption you give up rights to child and person adopting child assumes responsibilities for the child.
        So, a parent has the right to unilaterally sever their financial obligation to their child? The case law is pretty clear that a parent cannot unilaterally end the relationship with the child. Why is the case for adoption different?

Parents are financially responsible for their children, isn't that a universal rule?

So, to reiterate, why would adoption be any different? Would it not be better for the child if the biological mother (and father) remained financially obligated to the adoptive family?

2) I think you confuse abandoning a child with adoption? In any case, if you go after one parent it would seem to me to be only fair to go after the other parent as well.
        Sure, I didn't ask if it was fair to go after both parents. I think we can safely assume that if we are taking money from a mother we will certainly try to extract some from the father.

So, do you support safe haven laws?

If we had such laws, wouldn't it be better for the children to track down the parents and make sure they pay the appropriate amount of child support?

Comment

yes I was adopted... hmmm think I can go after my biological parents for child support? Must be an estate kicking around...

Comment

Let's be clear, if you are fired from a job for unjust cause you are obligated to mitigate the damages by seeking employment.

If an accident happens (and really aren't both parties at fault) then as a unit they should attempt to mitigate their damages. Failure to do so is bad faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
              Let's be clear, if you are fired from a job for unjust cause you are obligated to mitigate the damages by seeking employment.

If an accident happens (and really aren't both parties at fault) then as a unit they should attempt to mitigate their damages. Failure to do so is bad faith.
              I prefer to think of unplanned babies as surprises, not accidents.

At any rate, I think adoption clearly transfers not only the privilege of parenthood, but the responsibilities. The adoptive parents are freely taking on 100% of the joys and trials of parenting the child and the biological parents have given that up and no longer have those rights or responsibilities, often to the benefit of the child if the natural parents are unable or unwilling to raise a child in the way they feel the child deserves.

Comment

I prefer to think of unplanned babies as surprises, not accidents
                Sure, name them what you like but for lots of people the are unintentional results of casual sex/sex in an uncommitted relationship and are neither planned nor wanted.

Comment

Employee relation issues (wrongful dismissal) are not handled in family court. Your comparison is therefore irrelevant.

In family court it is simple: you pay to play

Comment

Except that it is present not just in employment law...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitigation_%28law%29

Comment

Except that it is present not just in employment law...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitigation_%28law%29
                      Torts in family law is extremely rare. I don't believe I have actually ever read any. If you have some I'd be delighted to read.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                        its not a serious question at all. Its just your typical way of thinking. That all women are out to trap and live off a man.
                        Yup...most women I know admit through their actions that they are out to trap men.....I married one.

Comment

Originally posted by Newfie76 View Post
                          Yup...most women I know admit through their actions that they are out to trap men.....I married one.
                          either you are exaggerating the number of women that would say that or you need to start having women friends who have higher standards.

Comment

You actually shouldn't let your negative experience with a single person color your impression of an entire group - that's how bad people win.

Even if women were out to "trap men" - it isn't because they are women, it's because social construct and life experience has made them that way.... If you could spread your legs and have guys running to pay your bills and stuff, could you actually say you would never do it.....

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Comment

You actually shouldn't let your negative experience with a single person color your impression of an entire group - that's how bad people win.

Im confused, isnt that what you do?

Comment

Then you should probably seriously consider having a vasectomy if you agree with most women you know that women are "out to trap men."

This is such incredibly simplistic thinking (this thread).

Big boys and girls have sex and have to deal with the outcome. period.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X