This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS and SS combined with no cash pmts?

I'm going through a seperation and we have one 18 month old daughter between us.

I make 55k, and she used to make 12k per year, but is up to 20k now, since she's working full time. As per the CC chart, I'd pay her 460 and she should pay about 200$ per month. We have shared custody also.

She is making about 460$ from UCCB and other government benefits.

I am trying to do this without going to trial, or even saving mediation, but I also want to make this fair. So, curious to know what a judge could grant her.

Am I safe to say that I am "giving" her half the government payments, since she's claiming our daughter as a 100% dependant for 100% of the time?

Also, I should pay 66% of the shared or outstanding expenses.

Would it be a fair agreement to say that I will let her keep all of the UCCB, and pay all reasonable shared expenses.

If you share custody and each has the daughter relatively the same amount of time then the offset CS amount would be (based on the income levels stated) $338 from you to her and your proportionate share for any section 7 expenses would be abut 68%.
    As a general rule all credits and benefits of claiming children are allowed for the purpose of determining section 7 extra expenses but only base income for determining CS amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Foredeck View Post
      I'm going through a seperation and we have one 18 month old daughter between us.

I make 55k, and she used to make 12k per year, but is up to 20k now, since she's working full time. As per the CC chart, I'd pay her 460 and she should pay about 200$ per month. We have shared custody also.

She is making about 460$ from UCCB and other government benefits.

I am trying to do this without going to trial, or even saving mediation, but I also want to make this fair. So, curious to know what a judge could grant her.

Am I safe to say that I am "giving" her half the government payments, since she's claiming our daughter as a 100% dependant for 100% of the time?

Also, I should pay 66% of the shared or outstanding expenses. Would it be a fair agreement to say that I will let her keep all of the UCCB, and pay all reasonable shared expenses.

I have no answers for you but want to say that you are a really good guy and it seems like so far you two will be really good co-parents. Keep it up and I hope that other men/women learn from your example.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X