• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What car do you drive?

Ylvis - Stonehenge [Official music video HD] - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
      Perhaps....his backside, to and from work
      Interesting since I mentioned that I carpool in a civic....
      The change to a bigger truck would not be for to and from work.

Comment

What would it be for then....."proof of manliness"?
        Going up north, house and yard renovations. Getting out of our driveway in winter (we don't live in the city). and lots of other things. I love my tacoma but when considering its almost time for it to be traded in it does not make sense to buy a new tacoma vs a new full sized pickup.
        Also alot of volunteer work where I use my truck.
        Last edited by fireweb13; 09-17-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Just bugging you mate

I love Barrie by the way, usually come down there in the early Spring / Summer by the Marina, enjoying some Seadoo action, and just soaking up the atmosphere

We should meet up next time I am in town?
          Sounds good to me. Check it out in the fall as well, its a good launching point for going further up north.
          We are always out hiking and doing outdoor stuff and always up for more company.

Comment

I'll take that as an invite then? Hiking, climbing are right up my street, and you will see that I am harmless really i.e. won't hurt a fly

PM to follow with info
            Sounds good. Lots of great places for climbing in the grey and blue mountains near collingwood.

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
              a tacoma will get you places that a full size cant get to. it is by far the best truck in the bush i have ever owned...and i have had a few
              I don't disagree with this. Though my 2008 tacoma has been full of problems, either I got a dud or they just don't make them like they used to. Had a 1991 toyota sr5 pickup and that thing was built much better.

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
                a tacoma will get you places that a full size cant get to.
                I used to like them but it seems lately that the 7-11 store leaves them on the little rollers too long.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                  So I wrote off my 2011 Mazda 3 on Sunday night.
                  I'm fine and the kids were with their mother so they were not involved...
                  Anybody buy a new car lately, what did you get, and how is it with younger kids.
                  I won't comment on the "new car choice", but did go through this this past summer with my non-primary transportation (my motorcycle - also a write-off). Good luck, and I hope you get it resolved quickly, and insurance treats you fairly.

I wonder if you'll be posting a future "issues with ex" thread, shortly after you obtain your new vehicle. lol.

One of my "child pickups" went like this, after I got my latest truck.
                  Child: "Daddy, you got a new truck!"
                  Me: "Yep, the old one finally died..."
                  Background: (ex slamming door, without saying bye to child)

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post

lol. Its crazy eh. My ex gave me heck once cause I bought a new bbq...keep in mind he pays me no financial support at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                      I won't comment on the "new car choice", but did go through this this past summer with my non-primary transportation (my motorcycle - also a write-off). Good luck, and I hope you get it resolved quickly, and insurance treats you fairly.

I wonder if you'll be posting a future "issues with ex" thread, shortly after you obtain your new vehicle. lol.

LOL

I'm sure she will say something. It was funny when she dropped the kids off the first day and I had a different car in the driveway. Did you get a new car? ... NO ... Whose car is that? .... Rental .... Where is your car .... The shop .... Why? .... Who cares .... OH You don't have to be like that.

Comment

Took me a while to clue into the fact that my ex had a new car ... and had bought a house.

Start walking to exchanges, no car in sight. Hung around the cafe getting a snack until I left (new house was in the opposite direction).

Amusing.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's great advice.

I finally got a settlement number from the insurance company which was a little less than I expected as they do not insure extended warranties. I have to apply to Mazda to get a refund on that.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a Ford Fusion SE. I've driven one already but I'm going to look at one on a different lot with different features tonight.

Comment

FB_

That was not even in the list of cars you mentioned prior? Not bad looking on the inside though...are you getting the hybrid?

PS: Wha is the update with all that thrash your Ex Dracula left behind, and the space? Update your thread bruv'er
                            Well he did mention the Mazda 6 and at the point where the two companies were co-operating (Ford owned 25% of Mazda at one point), they were the same platform. The 4 cylinders used Mazda engines, the 6 cylinders were Ford engines(like the Mazda Tribute/Ford Escape). I think now that since Ford sold its shares, this version is independant, but its fair to say they have a common heritage.

Comment

The hybrid is $8000 more.

Can't justify that difference.

I am getting the SYNC etc.

EDIT: It was a last minute addition. A friend had one and recommended it. I drove it and it is a really nice car.

It seems that to get the Bluetooth and Sirius I had to get the higher model versions with the other companies. Ford had it pretty much standard. Having SYNC and Ford MyTouch is just a bonus IMO.

My kids want a sunroof/moonroof but it looks like I might have to disappoint them
                              Last edited by FB_; 09-19-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

PS: Wha is the update with all that thrash your Ex Dracula left behind, and the space? Update your thread bruv'er
                                Which thread is that in? I have so many.

My house is mostly clutter free but it's amazing how much of a mess kids can make in one weekend. I'm still trying to clean up, but I've been sick and car shopping, and working 2 jobs.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X