This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou To all The posters

I appreciate all the advises/suggestions and critcism..
    Humm So I understand that I was wrong here asking for the discount.......OKay I accept but the way the studio owners reacted was totally unprofessional.They were rude and not at all flexible.
    So going back to the studio is certainly not an option and I had my kids enrolled to a different place so certainly they are not losing anywhere

Being a single mom I certainly though it was fair to save few hundreds.
    I paid 400 and now it was on 200.(second term only jan-june)
    I paid the same 400 for sep-dec and i certainly not demanding any discount for that
    The same studio was running a 25% off if registered before a set date and to me it was very fair as i didn't enroll early and i loose the discount.
    But seeing late comers pay half the price was unaccepatable to me and I do admit that not in my knowledge but it can be a policy at some places.

So now back to my question Will they put me through collection and if they did will they take me to small claim court.....And will my credit be messed up with all bureaus

I have a very good credit and how much will that effect .I certainly can't afford another 400 to give it to the studio right now.

Also @ HADENOUGH there is written on the contract No refunds after the first class.
    I complained to BBB and they refused to listen to them too.
    I might report them to the consumer affairs.As per me on the contract it should have been specified that studio might run discounts and once signed you won't be eligible for them
    When signing for the contarct I ask her will you be running any discounts( as i lost 25% off) to which she replied YES NEXT YEAR IN AUG.

I might be wrong but they should have used some business sense too .Its a new studio and certainly is not doing excellent .So they could have offered me something for next year to keep my business..Well may be I am wrong again

Comment

@HaMMER DAD...THIS IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE you enroll early and there is a early bird discount.
      @hadenough you are right and rogers did give me 30% off when I called for a nice deal being there customer for over 6 years.

Comment

did they say that the 50% discount was for new members only?

Comment

Why don't you just call them, and offer a settlement? Offer them $100 to walk away from the whole mess. I find most businesses are prepared to cut a deal, they don't want to send your account out either.
          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
            Why don't you just call them, and offer a settlement? Offer them $100 to walk away from the whole mess. I find most businesses are prepared to cut a deal, they don't want to send your account out either.
            Agreed.

State that you won't be returning as you don't believe you were treated respectfully when you broached the topic, thus you reacted accordingly. But offer $100-$200 to make it go away. State you will mail in a cheque within the next week (maybe two).

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
              Agreed.

State that you won't be returning as you don't believe you were treated respectfully when you broached the topic, thus you reacted accordingly. But offer $100-$200 to make it go away. State you will mail in a cheque within the next week (maybe two).
              I tried but they want the full amount.I am in a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by sufferer View Post
                I tried but they want the full amount.I am in a fix.
                Look over the contract with a fine toothed comb. Is there anything that was in the contract that they said they would do or an part of it they didnt meet? I am thinking you may be screwed if they lived up to their end.

Have you talked to the highest person there or just the lower people on the totem pole? I am trying to think of ways to help you out but I am just not coming up with anything.

Is there anything in there with temination clauses?

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't understand why you are in a fix. When you agreed to $400, you must have thought you could afford it. The price hasn't gone up, it just didn't go down.

Comment

If a vendor discounts something after you have bought it, it is COURTESY, not an OBLIGATION for them to offer the discount to you. Unless your contract indicates otherwise.

You were not wrong to ask for that COURTESY (and so the outcome often depends on how nicely you ask), but in my opinion you were wrong to get all snippy about it and refuse payment.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                      It's not worth it for them to put it into collections over a few hundred bucks. It's certainly not worth going to small claims court either.
                      Generally it costs nothing to go to small claims if you have a clear cut contract. It is a sacrifice of half a day.

It often costs nothing to send something to a collection agency, especially if you are a regular customer. The agency will work on a percentage of what they collect.

Look at it this way: Let's say your apartment is offering a couple of months free parking to new tenents as a way to get full occupancy. Does that mean you should stop paying for parking? No, that won't stand up. You signed up for an agreed upon price for an agreed upon service. If they are providing the service, you provide the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                        Generally it costs nothing to go to small claims if you have a clear cut contract. It is a sacrifice of half a day.
                        I've been there, on numerous occasions - these SCC judges are there to settle/negotiate at the settlement conference, they don't want this small stuff wasting time, even with a clear cut contract. I'm sure they'd encourage the studio to accept a settlement.

OP - honestly, I'd let it go then, and not worry about it. When and if they are ready to settle, offer them a fair settlement number.

If it goes to collection - do the same. Offer a settlement.

Comment

OP - want to clarify - Send them a settlement offer in writing, just pop it in the mail and keep a copy. Then you have some proof you've offered to settle, for future use.

Then, I'd let it go until they respond.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X