Billing Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billing Systems

Anyone really thought about how different some billing systems are? People of various professions charge you in such a variety of ways.

You have a plumber to your house, he charges you by the hour but you get to watch him to keep him honest.

You go to the dentist, it's a fee for every individual service.

You take your car to the mechanic, and they charge you by 'hour' but it's not how long the service actually took, it's how long it was supposed to take.

The orthodontist gave me a choice between a flat fee paid up front no matter how long it took, or per month.

A real estate lawyer takes a % commission of the sale of your house, no matter how much or how little work it took to sell it.

A lawyer charges by the hour, often inflates how long it took and can pull all sorts of tricks to make things take longer.

What do you suppose would happen if you could interchange some of these systems?

I wish my real estate agent just charged by the hour and billed me that way. I wish my lawyer took a flat fee up front like the orthodontist!

Can you imagine if lawyers took % commission like real estate agents? "I will represent you, and the fee will be 25% of your net worth that you just disclosed."
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X