Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is skating and karate section 7 expense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is skating and karate section 7 expense?

I am going to pay all for equipment/ uniforms,My ex refused to pay the weekly class. Any idea? Ex pay full table amount cs.

Are your kids olympic caliber skaters and martial artists? Do they require training that is extraordinarily expensive?

If yes: It is a section 7 expense.
    If no: It is not a section 7 expense.

Comment

Did you have a conversation with them before deciding to enroll the children? Do the children know about these plans? Are you low-income, or recieng a generous CS? What is the actual cost, is the informs/equipment cost roughly the same as the weekly fees (in other words are you both out of pocket for the same amount of money?). Were the kids in these activities prior to separation?

It isn’t a yes or no answer, but generally, you can’t compel your ex to pay for Section 7 without their Consent (or else go to Court, which may cost more than what you recover).

Comment

Originally posted by tilt View Post
        Did you have a conversation with them before deciding to enroll the children? Do the children know about these plans? Are you low-income, or recieng a generous CS? What is the actual cost, is the informs/equipment cost roughly the same as the weekly fees (in other words are you both out of pocket for the same amount of money?). Were the kids in these activities prior to separation?

It isn’t a yes or no answer, but generally, you can’t compel your ex to pay for Section 7 without their Consent (or else go to Court, which may cost more than what you recover).
        This is good advice, in my case our court order says each parent can sign up the children to activities, but they must pay the cost.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X