Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedules

I was wondering, how far in advance do others work with their ex's to figure out a parenting schedule?
    I know that the court orders should be pretty well set up in how the schedule works, but I am sure others have things that are vague. So with the way my ex tries to manipulate things I have started creating parenting schedules ahead of time. Last time I did it, it was for a block of about 6 months of time. I gave it to her 2 months in advance to look over and see if she either agreed or wanted to alter anything.
    At that time we had a contempt motion (regardinging the schedule) and settled before court to agree to my proposed schedule. It was funny, as my ex was arguing against my schedule, and even her boyfriend pointed out that it was super easy to follow and would probably be alot better then what she was proposing. We ended up with my schedule lol.
    So I sent her my proposed schedule from now for the next 6 Months. Until Christmas there really are no changes as there are no holidays, but after it can get a bit frustrating. How do other deal with this?

Originally posted by fireweb13 View Post
    I was wondering, how far in advance do others work with their ex's to figure out a parenting schedule?
    L.L. v. M.C., 2012 ONSC 3311 (CanLII)
    Date: 2012-07-19
    Docket: FS-08-00340601-0000
    URL: CanLII - 2012 ONSC 3311 (CanLII)
    Citation: L.L. v. M.C., 2012 ONSC 3311 (CanLII)

Scheduling

20. The schedule shall be plotted on a calendar for this year and six months forward, which must be posted on Our Family Wizard. Any dispute shall be at first mediated through the mediation services at the court, failing which I will rule on any issue for the first calendar only.

21. The time schedule is to be strictly adhered to unless the parties agree otherwise and in writing.

22. Parenting time shall only be altered on consent of the parties, by further court order, or on the recommendation of a medical professional in the event of medical emergency. Both parties shall discuss any medical emergency concerning the children with the professional in that event.

23. There shall be no make-up time for missed parenting time, unless the parties agree otherwise.

24. If J is sick, the transition from one parent's care to the other parent's care is to proceed unless the child is too sick to travel between the parties' homes as per the determination of the child's doctor.

25. Neither parent may object to the other's plans with J and must respect each other's ability to care for J appropriately.

26. Neither parent will arrange activities for J when J is scheduled to be with the other parent without that parent's consent.

27. Both parties shall be at liberty to attend scheduled school events and extracurricular activities whether or not they occur during their parenting time.

28. Both parents shall be at liberty to attend field trips and participate in classroom events when the child is in their care, and will not attend those events if the child is in the care of the other party at the time.

29. There shall be no restrictions placed on J with respect to personal items, toys and gifts he wishes to take with him between the residences of his parents. Should J wish to take a gift, toy or article of clothing, he shall be permitted to do so, without the intervention of the other parent.
    Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
      L.L. v. M.C., 2012 ONSC 3311 (CanLII)
      Date: 2012-07-19
      Docket: FS-08-00340601-0000
      URL: CanLII - 2012 ONSC 3311 (CanLII)
      Citation: L.L. v. M.C., 2012 ONSC 3311 (CanLII)

Good Luck!
      Tayken

Great wording, when we have to go and adjust the way our order is written I am going to use that (hopefully) she consents to it.
      I am the kind of person who likes to have a schedule as far in advance as possible. With the volunteer work I do its sometimes hard to be able to bring our daughter along, so I plan it when I know I don't have her so there are no conflicts.

Comment

As with any contract, the less ambiguity there is, the better it is for everyone. Yes you can't document every single scenario but if the document covers most of the stuff, you will have less opportunities for friction.

It also depends on the 2 parties. If both get along well wrt kids somehow, then flexibility helps. If either party just prefers conflict, then its easier to just point to the agreement and say you're sticking with it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X