X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fro

Will try and keep this brief. Ex was on OW for awhile
    We have an order that states that I am to provide proof of income yearly.
    I had underpaid support the 2nd year but about $400 because my income changed and we did not exchange financials. I had a payment plan and have worked that off to OW.
    My ex claimed at that same time that I missed 3 months support entirly, she brought this up about a year after the claimed missed months. She made up a notice of arrears, and submitted it to the court during a conference. Because of limited time I had only the chance to prove one of the 3 months were paid, and did so. We agreed on what was owed to OW and that was fine, and we have an endorsement saying that we will come back to this issue at the next scheduled date. Next date came and went and with a huge amount of other allegations we did not address these 2 missed payments. Nothing has happened with these 2 payments and my ex has dropped the issue. Unfortunatly now that the notice of arrears has been made, FRO is causing huge problems about it. My ex and I have left FRO but they are still trying to come after me. They just recently took my income tax refund but we have nothing to do with them anymore. Every time I speak to them all the numbers they have are completely changed. Is there anything you can do with FRO or do I just let them take my income tax refund and go on with life. I have no idea how to fight them anymore with this, and its so frustrating that all someone has to do is provide a notice of arrears and the other party has no opportunity to fight against it from what I can see.

May I ask you please what OW stands for? Thanks

Comment

Ontario Works

Comment

Fro doesn't just accept any statement of arrears. The amounts and dates missed are notarized by a commisioner of oaths who must stamp it at the bottom left of the page. I'm assuming you rec'd a copy? Fax it into FRO along with your proof of pymt. FRO must haved reopened their file with you two. Put your case # on the fax, or your court file # if you don't know what your case # is.

Comment

This was off of FRO website... You could also call the FRO to discuss with them how to handle it in order to keep everyone in the loop.

Sounds like that because a FRO Statement of Arrears form was filled in that the courts automatically sent in a Support Order Deduction Order to them.

Notice of Withdrawal

This form is used when a payor and a recipient want to manage their support payments privately without the involvement of the Family Responsibility Office.

Both the payor and the recipient must complete this form.

When the Family Responsibility Office receives the form, the case will be closed and all enforcement action will stop.

Comment

Notice of withdrawl was done awhile ago, thats what is so frustrating about it all. Before doing the notice of withdrawl every single time I called FRO they gave me different numbers for everything. I had all the documents and court order in front of me and they did as well but they could not understand what was going on. Going to attempt to call again, I am guessing that there was a disconnect between FRO and CRA and they just sent the money over.
            No matter how hard I try with FRO they just do not understand our court order.
            Yes the notice of arrears was notorized and sent in, its not like her lawyer actually made sure that it was accurate. They are not accepting my proof of payments and are not allowing me to have a default hearing or anything. Just take money from me and do not allow me to have a say.

Comment

Yes, you DO have a "say." Go to the Ministry of The Attorney General's website ASAP, and send them an email with details of the info you listed above, case # and case contact/agent #etc.

Request a reply - you will recv an email response (and not just an auto-generated one) within 24 hrs and they will look further into the matter. Be sure to include your phone number - FRO will also get a copy of your email.

A statement of arrears should not be notarized if the information contained on it is inaccurate/untruthful. It is a sworn document.
              Last edited by hadenough; 03-27-2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post

A statement of arrears should not be notarized if the information contained on it is inaccurate/untruthful. It is a sworn document.
                Thank you, I will do that tonight when I get home and dig out the files. Sworn statement not true, affidavits are also sworn statements right lol. Thats the problem with this document, you can't really dispute it and cannot argue it. You are guilty of not paying and have to go through hoops to try and prove that you have paid.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X