This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Break

Our court order states that we are to alternate March breaks with our daughter with my ex having 2012. This is the first year alternating march break as our daughter is quite young.
    I am an EOW father.
    Feb 24-26 was my weekend with her
    Mar 2-4 would be my ex's weekend
    Mar 9-11 is the weekend starting March break. This would normally be my weekend though. Does March break usually include the weekends, or just the 5 days in between?
    If it includes the weekends it means that it would be March 23rd until I see our daughter again, this seems like a long time. I have tried to ask my ex what she would like to do, as I do understand that whatever we do this year we will do next year, so it will work in my favour next year anyways.
    I am just trying to get some ideas of what other parents do, especially parents who have the EOW schedule with March break.

Thank you

My agreement provides that March Break is 5:30pm on the last day of school until 5:30pm the day immediately prior to the resumption of school.

Personally, I would say March Break is the entire week. Yeah, this year you get the short end of the stick. The next year, your ex will. Essentially, it balances itself out so it isn't something I would get to worked about.

Comment

Unfortunatly our agreement is vague about this. I am ok either way, I am just worried that if I go to pick up our daughter my ex will make a scene, but if I do not go I will get a call asking where I was. Whats that saying... darned if I do...

She does not want to communicate at this point, she is in one of her moods I guess you could say.

Comment

Send her an email clarifying the issue. Suggest that, unless she otherwise disagrees, they you believe that March Break includes the weekends and will act accordingly.

If she calls on the weekend in March Break asking where you, you can refer her to your email.

Also, once it is confirmed either way, send her an email stating that, due to [whatever you happen to agree upon] you will continue with such schedule moving forward. It is hoped that by doing this, you may avoid the "she gets the extra weekend next year, but uses the vagueness of the agreement against you next year." You will have it on record that you agreed that March Break shall be X to Y in EACH year.

Comment

Done and done. Thank you

Comment

Its funny, a year later and she is trying to say March break starts Monday morning.....
            Amazing how this stuff works out.

Comment

Are you going somewhere, or staying home?

Comment

We had day trips planned. Lots of local activities but we decided not to book travel plans as I sort of had an idea this would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by fireweb13 View Post
                  We had day trips planned. Lots of local activities but we decided not to book travel plans as I sort of had an idea this would happen.
                  If my ex and I don't have any plans, we stick to our 50/50 schedule.

If you have less than 50% though I can understand you want the full week.

It is obvious that march break starts Friday - hard to understand how intentionally unreasonable people can be - it takes so much effort.

Comment

Yeah I have the EOW deal so the extra few days do make it important. Any time I can spend with her is important but this would have allowed us a bit more time to visit people and so on.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X