Peace bond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace bond?

Hey everyone. It's been a while. Just to sum up, ex moved out beginning of September. After dozens of threats and temper tantrums, he finally signed the separation agreement. I told him to stop all contact with me on November 5th and also told him to stop contacting my kids. Since then, he has emailed me 25 times, three times since Christmas Eve. He keeps saying it's his last email but that was a dozen emails ago. He told me to stop being cold and to wish him a Merry Christmas. I have been ignoring all emails since November 5th. Today he emailed me asking if we can talk. It never ends. I would shut down my email account but I need to be able to tell him when the deed papers are ready and when he's off the mortgage. I told him this is not a temporary arrangement and that we are permanently over.

How can I make him stop? I've blocked eight email addresses. I've been in the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack but it was just stress. The agreement specifically says we are not to harass each other. Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? I need help and feel like no one is taking it seriously. I think he's insane.

The only thing you can do is ignore him. Are you seeing a therapist yourself? Have you talked to your doctor about medication?

Comment

Change your email address. Figure out some other way to contact him when needed, perhaps through a friend or family member. Or how about a letter by registered mail?

Comment

Get the Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker from the library. There are specific strategies in the book. I agree with transitioning to a new email adr we and checking the one he knows about only once a week. Be strong

Comment

1. Your real estate lawyer can tell him all that info.
          2. If the kids are not his and he has no claim to custody or access then once your real estate lawyer does #1 then cease all communications. New phone number, new email, private settings on all social media.

Comment

It's been a while since my last update. My ex continues to harass me by emails. He got mad at Christmas that I did not wish him a merry one. In fact, I have ignored all his emails since November. He continues to change his email addresses. I called the police at the end of December because he was threatening to come to my house to have me answer his questions. They contacted him and told him to stop contacting me immediately and if he had questions, to contact my lawyer. As soon as they left or hung up, he emailed me to tell me what a classy person I am and that I would never hear from him again. Of course, a week later, he emailed me saying he wanted his cats. The police told me to tell him to go to a public parking lot and have someone else deliver the cats. I gave him instructions to do so, and I guess when he realized he wouldn't be seeing me, he never showed up.

He then contacted me again because he was made I shut down our joint bank account and cleared it out and that he was contacting the police. The account had $4.72 in it.

He then contacted me again telling me to get his name off the mortgage in 30 days or he would take action. He also told me he is done "kissing my ass" and that until I do what he says, he "will not leave quietly". I contacted the police again. They told him again to stop all contact with me. A few days later on, on my birthday, I started getting emails thanking me for signing up for online dating sites for heavy women and diet programs. I contacted the police again. Again, they contacted him to tell him to stop all contact.

the next day, he emailed me again telling my did not do any of that online harassment and he was offended on my behalf that anyone could do that (last time he saw me, I was 80 lbs heavier). He then told me that he's been respecting me by not contacting me and told me stop calling the police on him and that I should leave HIM alone. Please keep in mind, I have not responded to a single email in months.

So, the police told me to go to the courthouse and ask a Justice of the Peace for a peace bond. I don't understand the process and one the police contacted him, he changed his cell number (they told me). I also don't know his brother's address, so I really only have his name, birthdate and social insurance number. Can they even help me if they can't contact him?

Also, I didn't change my email because I run my business with it and all of my bills and banking are associated with it, and the police asked me not to change it and said I shouldn't have to be the one making all the changes.

Sorry it was so long.

Comment

Not sure how a peace bond works because in my case it ended up with criminal charges (death threats..) but make sure to document everything, report as needed and don't let anything through if you ever want it to stop.

Comment

Change your email account!!!!! Your business customers will just have to understand. Your sanity, health and safety are worth the inconvenience of changing your email address. I hope he doesn’t know where you live. You need to be proactive.

When my ex was harassing and stalking me I changed jobs, moved and went into hiding. There are a few good books that can tell you how to do this. My lawyer doesn’t even know where I live. All my communication is through my lawyer.

There is no arguing or reasoning with crazy. Be proactive and protect yourself.

Comment

Why not just ignore? Every time you contact the police he knows he’s getting a reaction out of you... it doesn’t seem there are any real threats, he’s just being a huge jerk. Let him email and simply hit delete. We don’t have to engage in every fight brought towards us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Change your email and send an email out to all of your business contacts. That is the simplest thing to do and your business won’t suffer.

To be honest the business email response is an excuse. Change it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X