Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How family court and Pirates of the Caribbean

Family court and Pirates of the Caribbean are similar because

1. The Pirates Code does not have to be adhered to because it's not really rules but merely guidelines or "suggestions" ( as quoted by captain Barbosa).

Family court rules are also merely suggestions and not actual rules. Judges can choose at will whether or not to follow them. For example in my court case :

-our case management judge seized and un-seized himself from our file after making us chase him all over the province and made several orders that were NOT on consent

- same judge made recommendations about our file immediately after telling us he had NOT read our file

- same judge made an order that my STBX not remove specific items from the matrimonial home . He violated his order so what does the judge do? Makes a new order allowing him to keep the items!

- one of our multitude of motion judges makes verbal recommendations but does not put them in an order. Next motion judge makes the opposite recommendations and does put them in an order.

- case conference judge is not supposed to be your motion judge ( remember what I said about family court rules merely being suggestions?). OUR NEW CC JUDGE DECIDED TO BE OUR MOTION JUDGE TOO!l.....and wait for it....he's also our TM JUDGE....and wait for it.... he also made an order without both our consent!

That's pretty good. Made me chuckle.

Comment

Well....if the Judge is Johnny Depp, you can see how is family law matters earlier this year played out in the media

Ahoy matey

Comment

I hope the judge for my Settlement Conference dresses and talks like a pirate! That may be awesome.

... and quite appropriate in a way since my STBX is looking for gold and booty.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
          Family court and Pirates of the Caribbean are similar because

1. The Pirates Code does not have to be adhered to because it's not really rules but merely guidelines or "suggestions" ( as quoted by captain Barbosa).

Family court rules are also merely suggestions and not actual rules. Judges can choose at will whether or not to follow them. For example in my court case :

-our case management judge seized and un-seized himself from our file after making us chase him all over the province and made several orders that were NOT on consent

- same judge made recommendations about our file immediately after telling us he had NOT read our file

- same judge made an order that my STBX not remove specific items from the matrimonial home . He violated his order so what does the judge do? Makes a new order allowing him to keep the items!

- one of our multitude of motion judges makes verbal recommendations but does not put them in an order. Next motion judge makes the opposite recommendations and does put them in an order.

- case conference judge is not supposed to be your motion judge ( remember what I said about family court rules merely being suggestions?). OUR NEW CC JUDGE DECIDED TO BE OUR MOTION JUDGE TOO!l.....and wait for it....he's also our TM JUDGE....and wait for it.... he also made an order without both our consent!
          What sort of orders were made by the CC/Motion/TM Judge?

Comment

Orders were made not on consent re: custody and access, supervised access, matrimonial home, items in the home, counselling for the kids and child support. That about covers it.

Would have preferred Johny Depp in full pirate costume as my judge. At least I would have gotten great entertainment value for my money!

Comment

Your ex suffered brain damage and your earlier posts indicated you had been taken to court "+20 times" (as stated in one of your earlier posts).

Sounds like the latest judge was doing you a favor by ending the craziness of having to go to court over and over.

We don't always get what we want in court. Judge's discretion.

Hopefully things are over now and you can get on with your life.
              Last edited by arabian; 10-27-2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Ahahahaha...That's just too funny

Originally posted by ifonlyihadknown View Post
                I hope the judge for my Settlement Conference dresses and talks like a pirate! That may be awesome.

... and quite appropriate in a way since my STBX is looking for gold and booty.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X