No announcement yet.

SC's, Motions and Trial's.. Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry LF. I can't keep up with your repeated editing of your posts every time you think of something new to say. Why post until you have formulated what you want to say? Why go back and add and add new things. It makes it hard to address your points.

Night!

Comment

• Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
      Has she filed any legal proceedings? Or have you filed them all?

She doesn't have to prefer your desires anymore.

I am simply discussing the focus of your posts here. Many, many are filled with the "poor me - look what ex did!!!!" perspective. Take a deep breath and focus only on what is relevant for the future.
      But what the ex did is relevant for the future. What do you think trial will look at?

I know you say she doesn't have to "prefer" to be civil and co-parent amicably for the sake of D3 ......... You're right, she doesn't have to. Thanks for pointing that out (**scratching head**)

I didn't abduct a child to get an upper hand .. so yes I commenced the legal proceedings to get my child back. (Would you not do the same?) You bet Im going for a motion. Im being denied access still and D3 being denied school. (Again, hope you'd do the same for your child)

Reread the threads. Many issues are discussed aside from what ex has done. Caselaw, strategies, CLRA rules, etc. You just for some reason can not stand me .. and thats fine by me. If you don't like what you read it's quite simple actually ... go to another thread.

Comment

Sorry LF. I can't keep up with your repeated editing of your posts every time you think of something new to say. Why post until you have formulated what you want to say? Why go back and add and add new things. It makes it hard to address your points.

Night!
        Yes it worked. Bye!

Comment

• What a wanker. Good riddance...

Comment

• Originally posted by Headwaters1 View Post
            What a wanker. Good riddance...
            She stops by every now and then just to let me know that I'm doing everything wrong and that what I say has no validity.

She gets very heated if the abduction or false allegations are even brought up and is confused regarding who wants to settle and who wants persecution. Ex wants to persecute me in family court and I want to settle.

And yes I'm going to be talking about the false allegations and abduction when trial comes around so why not have it fresh in my head. It's a forum and I feel like it's fine to chat about it.

Why does she take issue with that? Not to mention Im in the support section. Just like S&T my ex would also like all of that to be forgotten and swept under the rug. Personally, I'm fine with that, but first lets let a judge analyze her actions when deciding custody.

Sometimes I thank my lucky stars its my ex I'm dealing with and not a poster like S&T. That would be true hell.
            Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-27-2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• You and I would never be in a relationship LF because I would never allow it.

As an educator and a parent, I would never be with a man who would verbally abuse me and call names in front of any child, especially not my own child.

Comment

You and I would never be in a relationship LF because I would never allow it.

As an educator and a parent, I would never be with a man who would verbally abuse me and call names in front of any child, especially not my own child.
                You need to get your facts straight. She spent 9 months starting arguments to try and get a rise out of me.

This may be normal in your world. As is abduction and false allegations. But it's not normal in anyone else's.
                She couldn't. Arguments were mutual. Even in the recordings she can be heard calling names and howling.
                You're unbelievably wrong about me. The way your mind works is truly "sad".
                You're mad at the world and all the men in it. Now you're making stuff up about my case to make yourself feel better. Seek help. I'm worried.
                Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-27-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• I know a guy who has been to criminal court and denied access to his son for over 8 months all because he used a slipper to smack the boy on the bottom and ex recorded him swearing in the car.

LF I know you and other posters would consider a slipper a weapon and the swearing unacacceptible. No matter what information I provide you to prove to you this man loves his son and vise versa and the suffering and the home destroying expenses that the courts and the police have made possible, most will agree this man and son are being treated fairly, I do not.

Family law is all about money and simplicity, your ex will not be punished.She will not suffer at all . Fighting will limit your suffering and may benefit you a little so I would stick with your strategy. I don,t mean to be negative but my kids were taken out of country for 5 months, my ex got not even a slap on the wrists. If your ex wanted a restraining order on you right now she would have one.

Fell lucky as she sounds stupid and try to focus on the future is what S&t might be thinking. I,m not sure about what anybody thinks anymore. Right and wrong is not supposed to be complicated.

And by the way a slipper not a weapon, when will we stop redefining words. I think it is an object as is a weapon. That,s why we say weapon when we mean weapon. Commonsense dictates we think sensibly. 2 years of family law to debate childish behaviours is stupidity. Unfortunately their are no consequences for this, for anyone it seems.

Comment

• The argument that youre the one who has sought legal action is pretty bad. You HAD to start legal action.

And your lawyer didnt say the new client was a legal aid client. She said her new client was represented by him. Lawyers talk about the methods and behaviours of other lawyers.

Comment

• S&T likes to ignore that I'm the only be looking to settle and move on in a positive fashion. It's my ex who does not. S&T refuses to accept this. She throws accusations around of verbal abuse like she knows what she's talking about. So glad a judge disagrees with her wild finger pointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                        The argument that youre the one who has sought legal action is pretty bad. You HAD to start legal action.

And your lawyer didnt say the new client was a legal aid client. She said her new client was represented by him. Lawyers talk about the methods and behaviours of other lawyers.
                        tell me about it. S&T has been against me since the beginning. Her posts are so out there. Some days I swear she's my ex.
                        Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-27-2015, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Whoops. Double post.

Comment

So much of what you said sounds plausible and then you go off on these tangents that I think are exaggerated. I received LAO (with no abuse). I am very familiar with the processes. My experience is less than three years old. LAO makes you sign a paper that says you cannot fire your lawyer without the lawyers agreement. There has to be some significant and serious reasons for doing so. They bring this up in the intake process, the validation process, and when you finally give your legal aid certificate to the lawyer. They are very clear that firing your lawyer is only available to you in very extreme cases.

Also, your lawyer shouldn't be speaking about potential clients. I would be really worried that she's talking about you to others too.
                            1) Why are you assuming that the LAO process is actually followed in all cases? By all accounts, this LAO lawyer sounds like a total dud, and I'm willing to bet that the people in LAO who are responsible for his oversight are just as bad. It's great that you had a 'textbook' experience, but there is a high probability that the people handling LF32's ex are not quite as good. I am sure that once his client told him they wanted out, that he was more than happy to consent. Why keep on a client that won't give you any more billable hours?

2) Unless LF32's lawyer is using names of clients, she isn't doing anything wrong by telling him about people bailing on the LAO lawyer. I hear about his happening all of the time.

3) Funny how you picked on this whole firing of the LAO thing in the paragraph and ignored everything else. Like, the part where he's constantly advising clients to deny access, and is now losing motions partly as a result. No commentary about that at all. In fact, if I look back on all of your posts, I bet you I won't find a single occasion where you have stated "yes, it is wrong to use access denial as a legal strategy" or even agreed that it was wrong that LF32 be banned from seeing his daughter for months because he had arguments with his ex.

So, here is a challenge for you, S&T, instead of dancing around the issue, try and give some pretty simple answers to some pretty simple questions:

1) Does having loud arguments with his ex disqualify LF32 from seeing his daughter for months at a time?
                            2) Is access denial a valid and ethical legal strategy?
                            3) Should his daughter go to school in September or not? Is there any valid possible reason for his ex to prevent a four year old from going to school along with 90% of the four year olds out there, based on what has been said about this girl?
                            4) If you just went through a year of hell where you were accused of being a wife beating, child molesting alcoholic drug user, how easily would you just let all of that mud slide off of you and pretend those accusations don't exist at a motion?
                            5) Heck, let's take it one step further, and just ask you flat out, have you ever been accused of all of those things? You seem to have a pretty strong opinion about how he should handle these accusations (roll over) for someone who has never had to go through it.

Comment

• Strait...S&T has no issue with how ex has handled herself. In fact she praised her on being good at getting what she wants.

We had mutual arguments .. nothing out of hand. She initiated them while surreptitiously recording.
                              Judge called them edited snippets that are entirely unreliable. Judge also acknowledged that ex was calling me names on them. S&T ignores important facts like that
                              ...instead accusing me if being verbally abusive in front of our child.
                              Thank the Lord S&T isn't a judge. No father would ever have access again. What a piece of work.

Comment

• Using Ex's Past Bad Behaviour in Court

Originally posted by Straittohell View Post
                                4) If you just went through a year of hell where you were accused of being a wife beating, child molesting alcoholic drug user, how easily would you just let all of that mud slide off of you and pretend those accusations don't exist at a motion?
                                5) Heck, let's take it one step further, and just ask you flat out, have you ever been accused of all of those things? You seem to have a pretty strong opinion about how he should handle these accusations (roll over) for someone who has never had to go through it.
                                Thank you Straittohell for stepping in and giving S&T a dose of reality.

For the health and welfare of my toddler son, I can't ROLL OVER, even if I wanted to.

Like LF32, my ex has thrown every wild accusation in the false allegation playbook at me over the last 18 months and thankfully she hasn't made any of her wild stories stick, but it has been hell and cost me and my family thousands defending against her spew.

My ex's mother is also the driving the crazy train pushing her daughter to do whatever it takes to deprive me of having ANYTHING to do with our child.

Both are on social assistance and have been for many years, which in itself is not a problem, but they seem to believe they need to destroy me to protect their livelihood.

I went through 8 months of criminal court proceedings after charges of "historical assault" were cooked up and laid, thanks to a kickass criminal lawyer and hundreds of hours of prep done by myself and others, the charges were withdrawn with no conditions.

The false DV allegations were made within days of them being told CAS didn't believe their accusations that I had sexually, emotionally and physically abused our then infant son during my VERY FIRST visit in their home with them present.

I have and will continue to use their lies in the past against my ex in court motions to protect my son and myself from their craziness and to keep me in his life as an EQUAL parent.

Luckily for me, her LAO lawyer seems to be just going through the motions, they are either not very good, don't give a damn or have figured out my ex and her mother have lied to them, the court, the police and children's aid, which is likely since neither my ex or her mother can keep their stories straight from one day to the next.

S&T, don't judge unless you have lived it!

We all have our own stories and experience and it is pointless to attack others based on their postings.

Advice, comments and opinions are all fine but make sure you aren't persecuting LF32 for what has been done to you by someone else.

Thx for the air time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X