Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to change amounts with FRO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to change amounts with FRO?

Wondering if anyone with FRO experience can help....

Separation Agreement was filed with FRO, contains several adjustments to the original amounts that have not been made by the parties to the agreement, and as we all know, FRO will not make the adjustments either.

IF my ex and I are able to come to an agreement to amounts moving forward, which of the following will suffice to have the new amounts enforced by FRO?
    (this affects both child support and spousal)

1) is there a FRO form for this purpose? or
    2) can we do a notarized one page addendum to the agreement? or
    3) must a motion to change on consent be filed?

Option 3 may not really an option because, while there is the possibility of agreeing on amounts moving forwards, we cannot agree on arrears.

You have to get a new order. A motion on consent will be best. fRO no longer has forms to be filed, they now require a new order.

As for arrears, if the agreement was set out and changed accordingly, what is the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The adjustments were set out in the agreement, but were NOT made accordingly; ex has made unilateral adjustments as he saw fit. We agree on what the numbers should be now, but we do not agree on what they should have been over the last 3 years, hence the arrears.

Comment

Then you should file a motion to change and request arrears in it. If you have financial disclosure, set out the amounts in a chart and remind the ex that you will seek costs if they refuse to reach an agreement on consent.
        And that you will seek interest on all awarded arrears.

Might scare them straight.

A motion on consent wont do the arrears and you will have to fix it at some point. Better to do it now.

Comment

Thanks Rockscan, I was afraid that might be the answer.

The arrears are in the $15,000 ballpark, I'm wondering if it might cost me more time and money to recoup what I'm owed, as ex has free lawyer and will string it out for months if not years.

Comment

You can self rep on this one. All you need to do is file the paperwork and show up. If you have the proof of his income and the changes etc, it will be a cakewalk. The only problem you would have is if there are “grey” expenses like sports or other activities he didn’t agree to.

There are a lot of people on here who have self repped on much more difficult cases.

Comment

In my case, we needed to file Form 15D (Ontario) Motion to Change on Consent with all appropriate financial disclosure to update the CS amount.

Comment

Thanks seeker101, I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X