This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Arabian:

As of this afternoon, the Court here has absolutely no record of her appealing anything. However, that doesn't mean I'm out of the woods. She 'says' she has a lawyer here locally, but if so again, nothing has been filed yet. As you say, it's quite possible she's just bullshit*ing me and working me up. She even had to nerve to 'serve' papers on me last Thursday (which were refused by the Court), plus the fact that a party in a case cannot personally serve papers on the other party. Seems she is playing a mind-game, but it certainly has caused a lot of anxiety and stress. A reasonable person must question how can such a tactic even be legal??? She deliberately mislead and misrepresented the 'serving' of an official court document. Unfortunately, I'm not (like a lot of people) very well versed in all the paperwork required these days. Just wanted to 'update' you a bit. Today I feel a bit relieved, but no doubt, that will be short lived. My divorce has been granted but the application I made was for a Simple Divorce only (not dealing with any property, equalization, or SS issues). I can only 'dream and wish' like so many on this site, that the EX will just fade off into the background. She is totally like Fatal Attraction --- 'you will love me, OR ELSE..."

Comment

My advice: stop using your current darling as a therapist and....go get a therapist for that.

Comment

Hi Castaway: Congratulations on your divorce! I believe your ex is just trying to kick up a dust storm. I'd start to put all of this behind you now and enjoy the rest of the summer. I would hazard a guess that you probably won't hear from her very much in the future.

Your g/f sounds like a very intelligent sensitive woman. Plan fun activities with her. Take her to some nice places. Show her your good side. Find some things in common and maybe suggest that you both refrain from dwelling on the past. HAVE SOME FUN and don't worry so much about what your ex may or may not do. Wheels of justice move very, very slow. If/when you get served something legal you can worry about it then. Now is the time recharge.

Comment

Thank You, Arabian.

I truly need that 'little kick in the butt' to help me get thinking about what I have at the present and to focus on the present and future. Like everyone else on this site, it's a difficult task to put behind the hurt, embarrassment, etc., etc., of what a breakdown in a marriage and trust can do to a person.

Sincere thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to respond to my dilemma. What a wonderful group of people on here that still have the compassion and empathy to be helpful to others while still doing their own healing or in the process of their own difficulties. Tends to give a person renewed faith in the human race.

I do intend to continue to read and perhaps post on this site. It has become a real 'life line' for me and I totally respect the opinions and other stories that I read on here.

May life turn out well for all of us, and even those who have caused us some pain. Take care, my new Divorce Forum buddies.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X