Common As Dirt - Another Case Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paco View Post
    I don't know how good it is, it's certainly a cruel reality, it's hurting everyone who goes to lawyers and to courts, who are not able to find a middle way peacefully for the sake of the kids.
    It's $100 +tax per transfer, money that normally should go to child's RESP or to take them to Disneyland in vacation. Some centres may charge different amounts.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
    Are you f**king kidding me? Wow - that's expensive. This should be a wake-up call to anyone considering this option and one would think that cost would be a valid reason for a justice to NOT consider this a viable option.

Comment

• That cost doesn't sound right.

Here is the service in the Niagara Region.

$40 a MONTH and fee assistance is available.

https://niagara.cioc.ca/record/NIA5781

Comment

• And as a interesting aside, Early Childhood Educators are being hired by the access centres due to their extensive knowledge of child development, behaviour management techniques and parenting support.

The attorney general started hiring them a few years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
          That cost doesn't sound right.

Here is the service in the Niagara Region.

$40 a MONTH and fee assistance is available.

https://niagara.cioc.ca/record/NIA5781
          They're the only service in my area:
          http://www.braydensupervision.com

Comment

• The cost is only one variable. The waiting lists add to the delay facilitating false status quo.

The problem is that these services are being misused for custody/Litigation battles.

It should be reserved for parents who lack the self regulation/communication skills and emotional regulation and/or who have a history of violence (physical/verbal)... or even addiction. Right now parent A says parent B is no good ...provides no evidence supporting claims and says that's the only way they can see their child. It's now a standard step on all cases....ridiculous.

Comment

They're the only service in my area:
              http://www.braydensupervision.com

Private service... That is why they are so expensive.

Comment

• It's been awhile, but I have a small update. My ex's lawyer got back to me and they are in agreement to change the times on the interim order. The problem is that we tried doing this during the previous motion in early March and the judge refused to make any changes until the OCL report is ready.

I consulted with a new lawyer last week who just happened to be in the court room during that motion, and he confirmed that filing another motion before the OCL disclosure would likely have no result. This temporary judge is apparently a bit of an idiot, and has been a headache for many of the local lawyers.

I've been self representing in the meantime. The OCL disclosure meeting is at the end of this month. Once I have the report in hand (which I am 99% certain will be in my favor) I'll schedule a settlement conference as soon as possible to get this straightened out. Will post back in a few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninehundredt View Post
                  It's been awhile, but I have a small update. My ex's lawyer got back to me and they are in agreement to change the times on the interim order. The problem is that we tried doing this during the previous motion in early March and the judge refused to make any changes until the OCL report is ready.

I consulted with a new lawyer last week who just happened to be in the court room during that motion, and he confirmed that filing another motion before the OCL disclosure would likely have no result. This temporary judge is apparently a bit of an idiot, and has been a headache for many of the local lawyers.

I've been self representing in the meantime. The OCL disclosure meeting is at the end of this month. Once I have the report in hand (which I am 99% certain will be in my favor) I'll schedule a settlement conference as soon as possible to get this straightened out. Will post back in a few weeks.
                  Well don't be that sure with OCL report, I thought the same and they recommended sole custody to mother, expect for the worst...good luck

Comment

Well don't be that sure with OCL report, I thought the same and they recommended sole custody to mother, expect for the worst...good luck

I didn't mean to imply 'favorable' in terms of the custody arrangement, but rather to bury all of this nonsense with the false allegations once and for all. My main priority is to get regular access restored again. This is family court we're talking about after all. A father getting sole custody is about as rare as a pet unicorn.

Comment

• How long took for OCL to wrap up a report? In our case took about 5 months

Comment

How long took for OCL to wrap up a report? In our case took about 5 months

Approximately 4 months. I applied in December of last year. They began the investigation in mid-January. The social worker has been very candid. I'm fairly confident she'll make an objective decision. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• May the force be with you

Comment

• Finally had the OCL disclosure meeting, and their recommendation is that I be granted sole custody of the children. I am still waiting on receiving the formal report document in the mail from their office in Toronto, but I anticipate it will arrive sometime next week.

In the meantime I've received an interim offer to settle from my ex's lawyer, that vaguely describes an access arrangement and vacation schedule for the summer months. I responded with a series of questions to address the ambiguous or missing points of the offer to settle. He responded with a minutes of settlement which addresses my questions.

The matter is scheduled to be spoken to this coming Monday, but I am hesitant to agree to these minutes of settlement. I want more than anything to have regular access restored with the kids, but the language of the minutes of settlement worries me. Based on the short time frame I have been unable to book time with my consulting lawyer until later next week.

At this point it seems like I've won a major battle in a long war, and I don't want to screw anything up this close to a resolution. Here's a link to a white-out copy of the minutes on this thread, could someone give me feedback?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...ThFRk1TQjlQQ1U
                            Last edited by ninehundredt; 04-30-2016, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninehundredt View Post
                              Finally had the OCL disclosure meeting, and their recommendation is that I be granted sole custody of the children. I am still waiting on receiving the formal report document in the mail from their office in Toronto, but I anticipate it will arrive sometime next week.

In the meantime I've received an interim offer to settle from my ex's lawyer, that vaguely describes an access arrangement and vacation schedule for the summer months. I responded with a series of questions to address the ambiguous or missing points of the offer to settle. He responded with a minutes of settlement which addresses my questions.

The matter is scheduled to be spoken to this coming Monday, but I am hesitant to agree to these minutes of settlement. I want more than anything to have regular access restored with the kids, but the language of the minutes of settlement worries me. Based on the short time frame I have been unable to book time with my consulting lawyer until later next week.

At this point it seems like I've won a major battle in a long war, and I don't want to screw anything up this close to a resolution. If I post a blacked-out copy of the minutes on this thread, could someone give me feedback?
                              Great news, what's OCL's explanation on their recommendation, why they recommended sole custody to father?
                              Don't buy into their offer, prepare a count offer based on OCL report with kids primary residence to father and mother having access every other weekend. They rush into a settlement because they want to close a deal faster, if you believe that you need more time ask the judge for an adjournment to properly prepare your offer and to consult with your lawyer, don't rush making a decision.

Comment

Great news, what's OCL's explanation on their recommendation, why they recommended sole custody to father?

Don't buy into their offer, prepare a count offer based on OCL report with kids primary residence to father and mother having access every other weekend. They rush into a settlement because they want to close a deal faster, if you believe that you need more time ask the judge for an adjournment to properly prepare your offer and to consult with your lawyer, don't rush making a decision.

They investigated over a few months, interviewing both parents, counselors, teachers, family members, police, FACS....etc. They also performed observations with both parents while the children were in their care.

The conclusion was that the mother intentionally fabricated allegations, continually made attempts to block any access with the children, and withheld information regarding their education and developmental progress. She basically has made every attempt to frustrate the relationship. None of her assertions could be verified / no evidence was found to back them up.

They stated that she has been unreasonable basically since the initial separation, whereas I've made every attempt to be reasonable and/or compromise. Because of this history of behavior, they feel I'm better suited to co-parent and make the important decisions regarding the children.

I'll make a white-out copy of the report available in this thread once I receive it. Could be helpful to other people to understand the process, or as a comparison to another investigation. I have heard good and bad things about OCL investigations, and it's certainly possible to have a bad experience of your social worker isn't doing their job properly.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X