Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 AM

Everyone's Interest is on a distinguished road
Default The proper wording...

Hello,

On form 36 Affidavit for divorce, I struck out question 7. which reads:

I do not want to make a claim for a division of property in this divorce case, even though I know that it may be legally impossible to make such a claim after the divorce.

I have recieved a letter saying that Question 7. cannot be struck out.

I understand that this is a common problem as the form 36 says "strike out if the following does not apply".

I now have to file a 14a Affidavit. I have been told two different ways of responding and wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem and what they wrote.

The first person I spoke with told me to write that I did not intend to strike out question 7. and therefore it should not be struck out.

The second person told me to write that I am not making a claim for division of property in this divorce case.

All issues have been settled thru mediation including division of property.

Does anyone have any insight into what I should write on my 14a Affidavit?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:00 PM

Everyone's Interest is on a distinguished road

Just in case anyone else encounters this problem, as I`ve been told it is vary common, I`ll answer my own question:

In the affidavit just retype the exact question. No more, no less. Divorce...here I come!
Closed Thread