X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And parents who lie about Santa Clause to their teens are BS..tters as well

Comment

Originally posted by foreverhome View Post
      And parents who lie about Santa Clause to their teens are BS..tters as well
      I have yet to meet a teen who thinks santa is real.

Comment

I just recalled something funny. When my son was quite young, and to my horror, I realized that my son truly believed that he came from the frozen food aisle by the turkeys. Yep. I kid you not. "The Truth" according to his father. To this day it's a family joke.

So yes my ex was/is a bullshitter. We were both bullshitters as we let him be a "child" and believe in Santa Claus until he probably found out "the truth" from friends.

Making kids grow up too fast is kind of sad. Children have the rest of their lives to create their own baggage and discover that things are not always beautiful. Same goes for "the truth" about the demise of parents divorce. Why sully a good memory of happy times together with biased sordid details? What good does it possibly do to tell a child that their parents fucked around on each other or beat each other up ....????

I reiterate ... a parent who wants to dump their marriage problems on their children is sicko and likely only trying to garner sympathy or alienate the other parent. It's so incredibly obvious.....

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
          I have yet to meet a teen who thinks santa is real.
          exactly

Comment

here is a useful article to read on this subject:

Your divorce: Coming clean to your teen

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X