Drop off of children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop off of children

We have a temporary order for pick up and drop off on a 2/2/3 split arrangement. The Temp order does not go into great detail with respect to sharing holidays especially when it falls on a weekday which would have been normal school time ,it only deals with childcare. Spouse is denying me Thanksgiving Monday with kids even though they had kids last Thanksgiving. Plus they want me to drop kids off very early on Monday. Monday is their normal school schedule with the children.

Do I have to drop kids off so early? Parent is not being cooperative by any means even if I suggest a later drop off.

If you have the children for the weekend on a long weekend the Monday is included. That's why it's called a "long weekend". If you normally drop them at school on the Monday you would drop them at the school on the Tuesday.

If you normally have the kids until the Sunday evening, you would now have them until the Monday evening.

No, you don't have to do what the ex demands just because they demand it. Spouse can deny away. The kids are with you and will be returned in accordance with the regular schedule for a long weekend - exchange will be either Monday night or Tuesday morning at school. Should the ex have an issue with it the ex can file to have the agreement amended to be more specific.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X