Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my ex show up days late to access my kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my ex show up days late to access my kid?

My ex msg me via our family wizard-court recommended, that he was not able to come this weekend to see our 10 years old daughter, however, over the phone to my daughter according to my daughter, he told her that he will come to see her on Sunday which i did not hear directly. Sunday morning, my phone came with msg said he is waiting in xxx place to see my daughter. I actually has plans for her today.
    according to the order he needs to show up last Friday not Sunday, two days after, plus without my knowledge of it. But my daughter insisted it was true that father told her to see her this Sunday.
    what should I do?
    let him play this random game? 1, break the law, 2, may lost trust in daughter friend since we arranged play date. 3, interrupted my life and being treated like a free nanny.
    If not taking my daughter to the xxx place, 1, my daughter was angry, yielding, frustrating, ..as her father has not been come for weekends already, she did not want to miss it. 2, it is hard to explain without further hurt my child feeling, 3, will put myself in the fighting position with my daughter, then I ask myself what for?
    so the question is legal order first? then how to explain to the 10 years old without detail the true?
    child emotion matter first? then when could be end of such game that use my child to against me by playing the change time and date game without letting me know?
    my guess is he use my daughter in such subtle way to create conflict between my daughter and me. if i listen to my daughter, then my ex will never inform me anything but through talking to my daughter that give him excuse to be very flexible, as child's word can not be counted. if I do not listen to my daughter and insist I do not know such thing, then my daughter will argue with me that is what he planed.
    any advise will be appreciated.
    any one like to meet up and discuss issues in person
    0%
    possible gather people to practice motion?
    0%

How should have made arrangements with you not her, however if he is scheduled to have her on the Sunday, included in his weekend, there is no reason why he shouldn't simply because he could not on the Friday and Saturday.

Assuming you made plans because you understood that he would not be able to take her for the whole weekend, perhaps the plans could include him and the two of you could get along for a short period for the kid's sake. If not, then she clearly wants to go see her father and he is scheduled to have her, let her go.

Comment

I did let her go to see father. my lawyer said no, as he mixed up the schedule. i like to hear what others majority say.

Comment

Originally posted by bestformykid View Post
        I did let her go to see father. my lawyer said no, as he mixed up the schedule. i like to hear what others majority say.
        you did the right thing for your daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by bestformykid View Post
          Your lawyer advised you to withhold access for the entire weekend because he couldn't exercise part of it?

Comment

yes, that is very much for my adviser said, the background is that my ex kept playing game, this is not the first time. he told me he will not come, then over the phone, he told my daughter he might be able to come for just one day.
            how can i use my daughter hearsay as the fact? i don't mind let my daughter to see him, but the method he use is not right, he can not test the water if he can get away by just my daughter, if this is become the status quot, then what happen next, will be a communication mess, i believe my lawyer is stay up for this fact as part of consideration.
            my ex can mess up thing, if i go along with it, it will just encourage him to continue mess up, then whose fault? crying for being too good? this world is not work like that. only the legal matter, point straight out asap, the rest can follow. sometime, i agreed that sort suffer for the better future.
            i would prefer increase my wisdom to explain to my daughter trustful and skillful so she would not hurt. it is hard when my ex never clear spell things out but twisted around. not sure any of you experienced 'twister' type of person

Comment

You can't control what your ex does, but you can do what is best for your daughter. In this case, taking her to see her father, even for only one day, is what's best for her. Your ex is being a jerk, which unfortunately means more work for you to be a good parent.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X