This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
    Oh! Only 50%?? So then there really is NO reason why you should only have a part time job...common everyone...lets here from those who have their kids OVER 50% of the time and have FULL TIME jobs and are able to bring in OVER $20,000...
    Um, I did it for years with small kids 100% of the time, with no child or spousal support or any of the other stuff this troll claims to have soaked her ex for. It's called dignity and pride - get some.

If you think that running around like a raging bitch and making sure it's 'on record' that you're trashing him will make you look like a saint or will get you any respect from anyone anywhere, you're wrong. It just makes you look like yesterday's trash that got kicked to the curb - for good reason.

Originally posted by CanaryMom View Post
    Like I said before unless you're a lawyer or a judge, don't bother responding. I MAY take your advice then and only then. I WILL have my day and I WILL have a VOICE! And when I do, I'll be sure to drop back here and tell you all about how I didn't have to pay a dime towards my husbands fees.

And by the way, I have a university degree and I work VERY HARD!!
    You work very hard at something, I just don't believe it's at an actual job since you're so consumed by what your ex did and is currently doing.

I suspect you're so pissed at this point because he's moved on and is happy - how dare he! He should PAY for being so happy!

Why did you post here for advice if you're only interested in advice from a judge or lawyer?

my income would be above 20k if I wasn't left raising 3 children 50% of the time!
    Originally posted by HammerDad View Post

Also, how does your ex earn $100k while also looking after the kids 50% of the time.
    Good point, HD. And she's also pointed out that she HAS A UNIVERSITY DEFREE AND WORKS VERY HARD!!! so clearly if he can do it, she can do it. Perhaps she's just pissed because he's better at it?

Cue momforever1956 to offer this troll her support, although I suspect they may be one and the same.

Comment

I WILL have my day and I WILL have a VOICE!
      Ah, the braveheart of family court. That's it, paint your face blue and run in there and try to give your speech.

"YOU CAN TAKE COURT FEES BUT YOU CANNOT TAKE MY FREEDOM!!!!"

Seriously, you think the court is going to give you a forum to try to embarrass your husband? And why would he care...he's left you. Why don't people like you understand that the only people that you're hurting is your kids and yourself.

There is no remedy for your bitterness and hatred in family court....none. If you go there, you put yourself at serious peril of walking out a whole hell of a lot broker than you walked in. And while that might be ok with you...it shouldn't be ok for your kids if you were any kind of decent mother.

And listening to you, frankly I can easily see why you're husband walked out. You have serious control and anger issues. You need to use the money you're going to waste getting some therapy before you ruin your kids lives.

You poor pathetic creature. I seriously hope you get some mental and emotional help. You must live in a horrible little world.

Comment

And by the way, I have a university degree and I work VERY HARD!!
        Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.....you have a degree....

So what you're saying that your upcoming court visit won't be the first time you've wasted a substantial amount of money.

Tell you what, why don't you get another degree so you can make 40k which is right around where they'll probably impute your income anyway Ms. University Graduate.

Comment

Wow,really supportive...what most of you "men" dont realize is that the 50% of custody is around their jobs. Not all jobs are school hours. If this person is entitled to Legal Aid, then it has been assesed through professionals not you "forum judges" You are all very supportive as long as it is not a woman who is looking for spousal support or legal aid. 10 children...wear a condom...yes she has a degree..doesn't mean she has to work full time instead of caring for her children...OMG you guys are a bunch of whiners who use this forum to bully. It is an "advice" forum not a trial, judge and jury. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without being abused.
          Oh and by the way I am in the legal field ....You mysogonists figure out what part....
          Last edited by tenacious199; 02-03-2012, 01:42 AM. Reason: apofhjpaoieh

Comment

You are all very supportive as long as it is not a woman who is looking for spousal support or legal aid.
            Do you have comprehension problems or do you always shoot your mouth off before you've actually read what the actual issue is.

The issue isn't whether or not she's entitled to legal aid or spousal support....the issue is that this wretch of a woman thinks she's going to abuse court time ranting about her husband's affair and trying to humiliate him. That is NOT what family court is for...and people who abuse the system like that are a bain upon our society.

....what most of you "men" dont realize...
            I'm female and what I realize is that women like this OP are shameful to my gender. I take issue with the idea that women can't both work and raise children as many women do both every single day. She's got the kids 50% of the time and her ex obviously makes a living that can support the children...why can't she?

If you think female empowerment is about an educated woman bragging about taking handouts from her philandering ex...than you need to head to counselling with this OP cause you're missing some lugnuts.

OMG you guys are a bunch of whiners who use this forum to bully. It is an "advice" forum not a trial, judge and jury.
            Who's the bully here? This OP came here...posted something absolutely ridiculous...got called on it and had a temper tantrum. The advice on this forum was "don't go to court, you've already gotten more than you deserve"...and she's so hell bent on getting vengence, she can't function reasonably.

Frankly, I'm all for her going to court. I think she's going to get EXACTLY what she deserves. And I think her ex made the right choice. I just wish he had done it before he created the children...because they're the real losers in all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tenacious199 View Post
              Wow,really supportive...what most of you "men" dont realize is that the 50% of custody is around their jobs. Not all jobs are school hours. If this person is entitled to Legal Aid, then it has been assesed through professionals not you "forum judges" You are all very supportive as long as it is not a woman who is looking for spousal support or legal aid. 10 children...wear a condom...yes she has a degree..doesn't mean she has to work full time instead of caring for her children...OMG you guys are a bunch of whiners who use this forum to bully. It is an "advice" forum not a trial, judge and jury. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without being abused.
              Oh and by the way I am in the legal field ....You mysogonists figure out what part....
              I could give a shit, man, woman or alien. All I care about is reasonable. If you want to play stupid games so you can win stupid prizes, don't hate me when I call you stupid...

Comment

10 children...wear a condom...yes she has a degree..doesn't mean she has to work full time instead of caring for her children.
                It's called a "blended family"...go google it.

And if she CHOOSES to NOT work to her fullest potential, it's called be "willfully underemployed". She can (and hopefully WILL) be imputed an income to what she is capable of making.

Staying at home is a CHOICE. Once a relationship breaks down, it's time to put on the big girl (or big boy) pants as the case may be, and go out and support yourself in the real world.

Comment

I do want my day in court and I was told by a friend that because I have such a small income, the judge won't award him his legal fees. I win either way.

I make about $20,000 per year and I receive $2000/month in child support. I stay at home to take care of my children.
                  1. Listen to your solicitor. Solicitors are a sounding board.

2. Family Law system does not dish out "justice" as one would want. You may find yourself with worse than you you have been offered.

3. There is great presidence from a regular poster on this website that has established that yes, YOU CAN have costs awarded against you if you have legal aid.

Here is the presidence that proves your friend is wrong and why you should listen to your solicitor:

CanLII - 2011 ONSC 7476 (CanLII)

1. The popular beverage has a catchy slogan: “Red Bull gives you wings.”
                  2. But at this costs hearing, the self-represented Respondent father suggested a wry variation: “Legal Aid gives you wings.”
                  3. He now seeks costs in relation to a 17 day custody trial which resulted in my 606 paragraph judgment dated November 9, 2011. He won; sole custody. The Applicant mother was represented by counsel. Her poor finances qualified her for Legal Aid. Now she says those same poor finances should excuse her from paying costs.
                  4. The Respondent asks a valid question: Does she have wings? Can she do whatever she wants in court, without ever worrying about fees – hers or anyone else’s?

I highly recommend you read the above posted decision IN DETAIL with your legal aid solicitor prior to going to trial. It has a very important lesson for all litigants to learn embedded in it and going to trial.

Good Luck!
                  Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
                    I could give a shit, man, woman or alien. All I care about is reasonable. If you want to play stupid games so you can win stupid prizes, don't hate me when I call you stupid...
                    It reads as the "Great Stork Derby":

Great Stork Derby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    Charles Vance Millar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good Luck!
                    Tayken

Comment

If this person is entitled to Legal Aid, then it has been assesed through professionals
                      This is turning out to be the funniest thread ever ... I work close enough to the Legal Aid bunch to know that there is NOTHING professional about an "assessment" (if you can even call it that) to determine qualification for legal aid. Yes, Legal Aid has the right idea in providing assistance to the most needy, but the way it's being run it's no where near achieving that objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                        So what you're saying that your upcoming court visit won't be the first time you've wasted a substantial amount of money.
                        Ok, this made me LOL - literally. My closest co-worker just looked at me funny. Heh.

Who are you calling "men"?? I am very much a female, thanks. This troll isn't looking for child support, spousal support or legal aid, she already has all that, plus all the family assets. Not to mention she was very clear in what she wanted which is to have it on record that her ex cheated on her. There is no benefit to her or the children, not to mention the taxpayers who will be footing the bill so she can 'have it on record!!!' that he cheated on her.

Tell me, again, what part of her 'cause' you believe is worth supporting her on...?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                          Who are you calling "men"?? I am very much a female, thanks. This troll isn't looking for child support, spousal support or legal aid, she already has all that, plus all the family assets.
                          The only thing left to get and what a lot of litigants want is... Vengeance. This is not the purpose of Family Court, never has been, never well be...

Not to mention she was very clear in what she wanted which is to have it on record that her ex cheated on her. There is no benefit to her or the children, not to mention the taxpayers who will be footing the bill so she can 'have it on record!!!' that he cheated on her.
                          The only benefit is the requestor's own personal satisfaction for their need for vengeance... No benefit to anyone in even perusing this avenue as it has no impact other than how the divorce is filed.

Tell me, again, what part of her 'cause' you believe is worth supporting her on...?
                          Well, a lot of people want their divorce end in a movie often staring Charles Bronson.

Good Luck!
                          Tayken

Comment

Like I said before unless you're completely unqualified to give legal advice like my friend on social assistance or unless you'll tell me what I want to hear, don't bother responding. I MAY take your advice then and only then. I WILL have my day and I WILL have a VOICE! And when I do, I'll be sure to drop back here and tell you all about how I didn't have to pay a dime towards my husbands fees.

And by the way, I have a university degree and I work VERY HARD!! *stomps foot and flounces off*
                            There. I fixed it for you.

To all the other posters - I've been lurking for a long time, but this thread finally compelled me to register. My BF's XW is similarly ignorant and pig-headed like the OP here.

Comment

Love it!!

Welcome!

Comment

It's really ok that eveyone is coming down so hard on me. I know that if any one of you had been through what I've been through you'd be singing a different tune. At the end of the day I know that I work hard, gave up a lot of opportunity which allowed him to become the success he is today, and just when it became my turn to start developing a career, he bailed. I've suffered more than anyone could ever know. Now, after ten years, he is finally working 40 hours a week instead of the 70 while he was with me, and when I had to singlehandedly raise the kids so that he could get to the place he is today. It was my turn to start working more to get to a similar place, and for him to pick up the pieces on the evenings and weekends, with the kids. After my sacrifices, he became successful and then walked out. Now he and his trash girlfriend are spending cozy weekends skiing and enjoying life, while I'm left alone and starting from scratch.

I have been informed that legal aid has to move forward with my wishes and I don't have to agree to anything that my lawyer urges or suggests. My lawyer also told me just today that she highly doubts I'll ever have to pay fees to him as I am a single Mom with THREE children and have very little income. The child suport is for my children, not for me. My lawyer says that despite what is being said here, a judge will not take from CS to pay his legal fees as it's not in the best interests of the children.

As previously stated, I'll be going to court and when I'm done, I'll be sure to post my court case here so that you can all see that I was right. Funny isn't it how my lawyer and other people I know have never had to pay their ex's fees, yet you bullies are say the opposite.

I have no idea at this point how long it takes to get a trial date so I won't give an estimate of how long before I post my case here, but I do promise to be back. As a matter of fact, I may post again regarding other issues and I would hope that you people will be fair and not bully me every time I ask a questions.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X