Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Motion to Change

Hello,

Been reading here for awhile but not sure how to proceed . I self represent .

I need to file a Motion to Change dealing with :

asking for back child support

and

ending child support for one of our children who is “ no longer a child of the marriage “ .

Is there a resource in Ottawa that can help me with writing my motion so that it will cover all the bases and look and sound professional ?

Maybe a law student centre or similar ?

I can afford to pay for an initial consultation but not the thousands it costs to get a lawyer to do the actual work .

Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance.

How about instead of paying for an initial consultation, write up the entire thing yourself, and then hire the lawyer for a final "lookover"?

Comment

You can try visiting the Canadian Centre for Men and Families which is located at 292 Montreal Road.

They have a legal information clinic that is usually held every second Tuesday at 6:30pm. There are two lawyers volunteering their time at that clinic - they won't write the motion up for you, but they may guide you with any questions that you have. You should call the centre and find out when the next clinic is going to be.

Comment

Thank you both for your suggestions .

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X