This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Tankless

Just what I needed. Home Trust Financial has placed a lien on my house for $3K for what was supposed to be a tankless hot water heater RENTAL several years ago which I still have and pay $35.84 / month. (A great water heater btw)

Looks like I may have been duped.

Mr. Tankless faces 400 charges laid by Ontario government | Toronto Star

My real estate lawyer is looking into it. I have to forward the paperwork to him tomorrow...luckily I kept it. Although I'm not sure it's going to help. I guess my warranty is no longer valid.

Wish me luck.

BTW I did get the $750.00 eco-energy rebate from the government because I did the house audit with another company along with many other upgrades to the house.
    Last edited by FB_; 05-23-2013, 05:15 PM. Reason: more info.

aww that just sucks.

My water heater (rental) went last year on a sat and they came out on the sunday to replace it. Glad at that time I rent instead of own. I was thinking about going with the tankless but the cost just keeps changing my mind. I have a gas water heater now but wonder if the tankless would save me some money and how long they last compared to a full tank.

Comment

That's why you should simply close the door once you realize the caller is soliciting something.

I don't even say a word. Just close the door and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
        That's why you should simply close the door once you realize the caller is soliciting something.

I don't even say a word. Just close the door and walk away.
        This was not a door to door solicitation.

My water heater was very old an inefficient and I was paying $23.00 / month to rent it from Enbridge.

I actually did a lot of research regarding tankless hot water heaters and I am extremely happy with it. It saves a TON of gas. My summer gas bills are around $33.00. $31.00 of that is the account fee so I use only about $1 - $2 in gas / month.

When I made the purchase I did a lot research. Mr. Tankless at the time had a 9.2 rating on Homestars and all reviews were very good and positive. They were about $6.00 less / month than Enbridge and installation was free so I went with them. In hindsight I made a bad decision. My uncle also owns a HVAC company and said the Navien tankless I got was top of the line and said the price was very good and he couldn't beat it.

I did receive the $750.00 eco-energy rebate as part of that program. I actually got about $5000 in rebates for all the work I did on the house.

I do not let door to door people in my house and again this was not the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
          aww that just sucks.

My water heater (rental) went last year on a sat and they came out on the sunday to replace it. Glad at that time I rent instead of own. I was thinking about going with the tankless but the cost just keeps changing my mind. I have a gas water heater now but wonder if the tankless would save me some money and how long they last compared to a full tank.
          The hot water heater has been running without issue since Aug 27/09.

Compared to my old inefficient water heater there was a HUGE difference in my bill.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
            I was thinking about going with the tankless but the cost just keeps changing my mind. I have a gas water heater now but wonder if the tankless would save me some money and how long they last compared to a full tank.
            This is something I have also wondered...my area, had a good promotion for renting the tankless heater, but the monthly rental fee was still, just so much higher than the tank, I wasn't sure it would make sense, in my particular situation.

My "tank" is newer too, so it still has lots of life left.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X