Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your bike on the ferry and cycle on Toronto Islands. Dn't forget your bathing suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
      I was thinking of doing my stay-cation at a sidewalk café in Paris.

Dreaming of the day when I can do that again. I had a peach melba with a glass of muscatel wine. Divine!

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
        Dreaming of the day when I can do that again. I had a peach melba with a glass of muscatel wine. Divine!
        Funny what we remember. I had a pear in a pear liquor on a cruise boat on the Danube. Beautiful sunny day, great scenery, castles, cathederals, farms villages etc. A few people bought them, not realizing the liquor was in there, they ate the pears and gave me the liquor. Fun day....

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
          While my kids were growing up I shared my love of hiking, and that has served me well. There are many places to hike within a short drive that are cheap or free, and we often picnic as well. I like to photograph, as do my kids, so that becomes part of our hikes.

We also have a favorite beach destination - Port Dover, which is somewhere I went to as a kid, and love to return to.
          Same here...
          Especially with my kids so young, they are easy to entertain, "cheaply". Not sure how that will be, when they are teenagers. I often take them hiking/biking along the many bush/wooded trails in the area. This is one of their favourite things to do.

If you already have the equipment, fishing, is a cheap thing for the kids to do. They love it. Though, with younger ones, you don't want to stretch it out too long.

Some of the conservation areas (at least around here), can be accessed for the day, quite cheaply - depends on which one. Pick one that has a few things to do, and if you have to pay $10 to enter it for the day, and it has a beach, trails, maybe a park... that is cheap entertainment for the day, on a nice day. Bring a picnic lunch.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X