Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STBX - proving absence of mental competence and exploitation by counsel

Hello community,

So here I am raising my 4 kids on my own, happy to do it.

STBX has always shown a history of instability and poor judgement and I am wondering if this is an actual condition.

Regardless, her lawyer is only too happy to litigate the simplest matters.

How do I go about showing the courts the strong evidence that STBX's lawyer is exploiting her severe lack of judgment, simply to make more money off the case.

I am self rep'ed by I am sure that STBX is close to 200K on this matter.

As always, thank you.

PND

Not going to happen. Just get the matter to trial so you can cross-examine the other party and it may demonstrate in the cross.

Comment

Unless it is your money that she is squandering there isn't anything you can do.

IF she wants to pay her lawyer to paint her toenails then that is her prerogative.

Sorry to hear your nightmare is unending.

Look forward to the day when I read your posts where you can refer to your STBX as "my ex".

Comment

Nothing you can do about the lawyers. My ex took me to court 9 times.....on the last time we were able to have him deemed a vexatious litigator, only then did the nightmare end. To take me to court again he must first bring his case to a judge and prove he has a case before I can be served.
        Hopefully she gets it all out of her system the first go around

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X