Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs

At the end of my order the Judge invites written submissions for costs. My questions are:

Is there a specific form that needs to be completed?

Does the other side have to be served with the submission for costs?

From what I've read, you just submit the request with the Offers to Settle to the file, but that all seems far too simplistic for this system and I think I must be missing something??

Anyone?

My trial judge invited submissions and there was no form required. I provided the judge with a list of costs along with receipts, and my offer to the other party (make sure it's signed!). The judge then renders their decision.

Comment

Being awarded costs in one step, actually getting the other party to play is the hardest step. Make sure there is a payable by date stated and that they are payable through as an instance of child support. Then submit to FRO or which ever Provinical program is available to you.
      Last edited by Beachnana; 03-24-2016, 09:00 AM. Reason: Grammar and spelling

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X