This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addition to the Moderator Team

Grace has volunteered to be a moderator now! I think everyone here knows her well and knows what a positive force she has been and what a strong character she is. I am really happy that she is joining the team of moderators - please welcome her.
    Ottawa Divorce

Welcome Grace

Comment

Grace,

Glad to see you as a moderator.

LV

Comment

This is awesome news! Grace I am happy to see you in this role as I feel you are one of the most respected members of this forum.

Comment

Woo Hoo!!!

Grace, this is wonderful news! When I read the title of the thread, I was thinking, "I hope it's Grace, I hope it's Grace, I hope it's Grace...", and am thrilled to see that it is! You'll be excellent in this role, I'm sure! (Although why you'd want to keep divorce problems in your life after finally being done with your own divorce is beyond me!)

Comment

Thanks everyone!!! Sasha1, my divorce hell wont be over until my youngest is no longer considered a child of the marriage which will be another 10 years. Anyway, I find it therapeutic to help others that are going through similar problems. And this way I can help others and vent all my frustration and my family and friends no longer have to listen to me just you guys.

Comment

Welcome Grace... very happy to have you here!

VERY happy...

Comment

Great job

Grace is a very balanced person and will make a terrific moderator.

Comment

Congrats Grace, good luck with the new job

Comment

Welcome Grace! I'm glad to see you on our team... thanks for your numerous, excellent contributions to the forums!

Lindsay

Comment

Congrats Grace! Another 'fine' addition to the team of already great people.

Volunteered eh, someone has too much time on their hands!

Hubby

Comment

Water on the Fire

Hubby wrote:

I am shocked by Grace's decision to stop being a 'moderator' ... not only is she a good friend, but a person with great spirit. We are all great spirited people, we are tested in our lives by what some say or do to us, what really is of importance is how we respond. I truly hope Grace would reconsider her decision, cause someone, somewhere may be needing to hear what she has to say in these forums. Grace, think of all the goodness you can do in peoples lives ... pls stay!

Thanks hubby, let me explain, so maybe we can put water on this fire. And it's really personal, which I try not to be in my posts. I left an abusive marriage 4 years ago, actually he left and it was in the back of squad car (please don't feel sorry for me, just happy for me that I got out). I was a complete mess for the first two years. With the help of family, friends, councillor and yes, lawyers (but they we mine) I started to become stronger and stronger. Now with my divorce over, well sort of, like LV always says there is no real finality in family law, and I think were filing a new motion to have the final court order enforced, but that's for another thread. I really do feel I came through this just fine and I truly am a survivor. Some survivors feel the need to go back and help others, some don't, but I do and this is part of the reason I post so much on OttawaDivorce (also cause I have a boring job, and it gives me a break from it).

I was honoured when Jeff asked me to be a moderator. I felt I could be the voice for the women, as there was a feeling on the board that the views were somewhat one sided. And for the women that feared their voices were been censored or not being heard. Like some other members, I took some comments personally, and went running from the sandbox with shovel in hand in tears. I personally got the feeling that I was being patronized, and it brought me back to the "old" days, a place I never want to go back too. Some would say toughen up, its just a forum board. But I have grown close to a lot of the member,including yourself, both here and outside of the posts, through PM's, msn's, e-mails, etc. and I am also overly sensitive to the women member that have been in abusive marriages, too many are lurking members, although some do find the strength to post. During my marriage I always felt I never had a voice, then when I discovered I did, I sometimes don't use it appropriately (like in my personal attacks to particular members). It's like I'm still getting use to it.

I am disappointed in myself that I was given an opportunity and I didn't use my role as a moderator to help the women feel they had an equal voice and their voices were being heard, I bailed instead.

I'm not sure what can be done put an end to all the "Recent Events" or maybe Hubby is right and it's a test to see my own strenght, or for that matter weaknesses.

Thanks for listening
                        Grace

Comment

Grace,

With any group, organization, and forum its strength is in its membership equally. I always enjoyed reading your posts and contributions you have made as with the posts, contributions of all of its members. There are many perspectives, opinions and diversity in collaborative discussions from its membership. Each member is unique and special to this forum as every member does have a story, experience, advice, opinion to share. I believe as a membership we all learn from each other. I do hope you continue to be member of this group.

LV

Comment

Thanks LV, just want to reiterate that it is true that I have learnt more about Family Law from you, than my own lawyers .

Comment

Hi Grace,

I greatly appreciate you putting "water on the fire."

I've always valued your contributions tremendously, and looked forward every day to seeing what you had to say. I learned a lot from you.

As well, you've helped numerous members here in so many ways. As well, for every member there are many people in the same situation who read but don't join, and you're helping them too.

I really do hope that you'll stay here. I've missed you already and you've hardly been gone.
                              Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X