No announcement yet.

Urgent situation with teens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you have learned that there are people on here who obviously think being cruel is constructive ,I Got some very unkind condescending replys that had no purpose other than perhaps give the author another person to pic on ! I think that your boys will see the light it just takes time try to be strong and stand up to them ,you do not want them to end up treating women like there dad did ,this was a huge priority with my son and he has had a few long relationships with women ,he's only 26 and in them he has treated them wonderfully also his sister knows how she should be treated .Our kids are 26-31 so I'm sure things are different but try to remain strong in not allowing negative behaviour show them you are fine without them but you miss them and will always be there if they need you ,make them aware you will not condone bad behaviour if they ever want to come home ,you are in control children actually want and need rules they just want to see what they can get away with .reward yourself when you feel down start buying new closes to wear on your cruise I just bought a beach dress for 15$ ,you deserve better and try to look at the absence as a break a good break and enjoy it it doesn't mean you don't love them at all it's just a sabbatical so you can do your job better ,
    C on

Comment

My comments were never intentionally cruel. Sometimes you need a little tough love. My partners kids and his ex are spoiled, selfish, entitled and immature and they treat him horribly. I sugar coated it the first two years now I tell him to quit letting them walk over him and Im not a nice person when I do so.

Being strong and standing up for yourself isnt a bad thing. Your kids will learn to treat you respectfully if you treat yourself that way. If you werent around to jump your kids would find a solution. Stop jumping.

Hopefully your therapist will be teaching you some assertiveness techniques to help you manage this disrespectful and cruel treatment from your kids. Healing yourself and getting your needs met is not a bad thing.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X