Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Split Custody Arrangement, Where to file Motion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Split Custody Arrangement, Where to file Motion?

Hello Everyone,

I'll make this quick.
    Have a split custody arrangement by mutal agreement. Need to file Form 15D, motion to change with consent. We are not receiving money from Mom as she is on disabilty, so we are only looking to vary the amount based on tables to now pay for one child as opposed to two. We have the consent of both Mom and Assignee.
    My question is, all other orders have taken place in Mom's area as she lives 2 hours away and has always had custody. To vary, do we have to file at same courthouse, or can we file in our own area? This would mean not taking a day off work, gas, etc.
    Thanks

You will need to have the file transferred first. This can only be done by a Judge. I was able to transfer our file during a Case Conference. You need a order transferring the file from one jurisdiction to another. If you are thinking long-term and anticipate further returns to court in the future, then its worth doing. If it is just this one motion, its best just to drive the 2 hours and file where the continuing record currently resides.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X