Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone shoot the groundhog please........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oink View Post
    Hmmmmm....yummy topsoil :-)

Ugh, I got a truckload of topsoil once and it was full of seeds. Took me years to get rid of the weeds!

I tried to find some pics of my own to show off, but turns out I have a bajillion of my kids, and none of the garden, except for the wisteria murder scene a couple of years ago.

Comment

Wow, quite the garden. That is one of the things I had to struggle with ... when deciding to leave two summers past. I once had a very nice garden; built it up from nothing. It brought me peace and contentment.

Last summer was a very dry one... and my stbx refused to water, pull weeds or even cut the grass.

The before and after pictures at that house are striking - from lushness, an abundance of colour ... to dead grass, huge patches of mud, weeds galore, rusty brown spots where cedars, spruces and pines have had damage. It's going to be that much harder to sell our property now.

Anyway, your garden is fantastic. I have a bit of a frontyard and a tiny patch in the back. And then there are pots, right?

Comment

Mom2-3 = do you have snow again? It's April 20th, this is a sick joke, I was planning on raking and cleaning up this weekend.. instead:

Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Beautiful pics mcd; sucks about the snow. No snow where I am, but verrry windy!

Comment

We aren't that far away from each other, I'm surprised you have no snow today!

Bob and Sue are equally unimpressed:

Comment

Red squirrel in my back yard.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL160...t-91298415.jpg

Comment

McDreamy:

Would you believe we had our worst snowstorm of the year yesterday? Thursday night I could see the railings of my deck. Today I cannot even look out the patio doors to see if I have a deck.

Weirdest spring I have ever known in my neck of the woods; Gitche Gumee is mad at something. We are still snowmobiling. The lake where are camp is located had 4 feet of ice still.

And the weather network is forecasting more snow for tomorrow.

I am so glad I cannot plant a garden this year. Weather wouldn't let me anyhow.

Comment

Can you see my beautiful deck?
                  Attached Files

Comment

It looks like here. 30 cm. of snow fell yesterday!

Comment

oh my, ok MT3 - I'm going to stop whining about my dusting of snow. That's crazy.

Comment

No kidding! Caranna, you must be in my neck of the woods since you got belted with the same blast.

It's funny you mentioned the raking McDreamy. My 5 yr. old, being the perpetual humourist in our home, walked downstairs and brought up the rake, saying "for you Mommy, spring is here"! She scares me.

Comment

Omg. 30cm. Ok - I am very grateful for the weather out by me.

Comment

I like Hostas too, especially the variegated forms. That's a Brugmansia, right?, I grew the single variety and it did have a gorgeous fragrance. I'm a sucker for fragrant flowers.

Have you ever grown a cantaloupe? I grew a few plants in a pot a few years ago. The melons were tiny but the sweetest and juiciest I ever tasted.

Comment

You have an absolute gorgeous garden Oink. It reminds me of when I 'cannot wait' to have me own home again to be able to plant.

You certainly can plant many things that are not conducive to my area but I know our gardens are amazing just the same. Tomato and cucumber plants are growing in the sun room and I am very much looking forward to devouring their benefits.

I wish more people would garden. When I was a kid all of our produce came from the garden all year long. I don't recollect me mom buying stuff except corn, which just does not grow here (and our family stuff in SO didn't coordinate).

Beans, beets, peas, carrots, cabbage, parsnips.........I will not to this day BUY this stuff. It all comes from the garden. So grateful to my DAD who has the land and grows it for us (we do help).

On that note, crappy weather coming our way AGAIN tomorrow = 20 cm apparently. So I made some blueberry pies while spring cleaning today. You southeners may have your gorgeous gardens, but you can't have my blueberries.

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three View Post
                                You have an absolute gorgeous garden Oink. It reminds me of when I 'cannot wait' to have me own home again to be able to plant.

You certainly can plant many things that are not conducive to my area but I know our gardens are amazing just the same. Tomato and cucumber plants are growing in the sun room and I am very much looking forward to devouring their benefits.

I wish more people would garden. When I was a kid all of our produce came from the garden all year long. I don't recollect me mom buying stuff except corn, which just does not grow here (and our family stuff in SO didn't coordinate).

Beans, beets, peas, carrots, cabbage, parsnips.........I will not to this day BUY this stuff. It all comes from the garden. So grateful to my DAD who has the land and grows it for us (we do help).

On that note, crappy weather coming our way AGAIN tomorrow = 20 cm apparently. So I made some blueberry pies while spring cleaning today. You southeners may have your gorgeous gardens, but you can't have my blueberries.
                                I grew up with my parents growing almost all the vegetables we could eat. My grand-parents also had huge gardens so gardening just came naturally to me. Also corn can grow here, just have to get the early varieties. I also would start corn indoors along with the cucumbers, tomatoes and other plants. Soon I'll need to put the house up for sale so no gardens this year.

Thumbs up to those blueberries!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X