Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:31 PM

loserguy1960 is on a distinguished road
Default Procedure/strategy question - do i respond to bogus offer to settle

I won't bore with details. I have made motion to vary Agreement due to material change in circumstances. Their side is making ridiculous claims including that one of my daughters is livign with the ex (my ex has sworn in her affidavit that she lives alone so go figure!). IN any case we have a case conference soon. Conference brief due next week, and today i receive bogus offer to settle (that is so far away from what i'm asking in my motion, as to not be a reasonable proposal).

My question is do i just ignore the offer since it's such BS? Or do i respond even though it's actually worse than i'm convinced a judge would give me...

I don't want to offend the court or the system....
Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Write back and politely say the offer is unaccetable as it is not close to what you seek.
Closed Thread