This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate to divorce

I don't know what to do. I have not seen, heard from, or heard anything of my husband since 2000, when we separated (not legally, no papers were filed). He is not the most upstanding citizen (basically an outlaw) and I can't find him. I am now in a loving, happy and healthy relationship and I desperately want a divorce, but I can't afford to have a private investigator find him. I have the divorce packet and have had some help filling out the papers, but I don't know where to go from here and I don't have much money to hire help. What can I do?

Not being a lawyer nor experienced this first hand I am not sure on the laws, but I would think there are abandonment issues that allow you to file and obtain an uncontested divorce. I would imagine it is just a matter of filing the appropriate paperwork and having it processed.

That being said, I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you have managed to succesfully move on and take care of yourself.

Comment

Having had a brother who did the disappearing act on his wife back in the '70s, you can get a divorce from an absentee spouse. His ex did and remarried. Talk to a lawyer who is EXPERIENCED in this situation. It can be done!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X