Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private Member’s Bill C-422 - Equal parenting (Mr. Velacott)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't this Bill moving anywhere?

Comment

You won't see it in front of parliament until at least the end of this year, but most likely not until sometime in 2013. I spoke with my MP's office and they explained that there is a schedule where MP's can't bring forward a PMB until their 'number is up'.

Vellocett is planning on reintroducing the bill when he can (again from what my MP's office was able to tell me), but they are making some changes from the one that was before the last session of parliament.

I wish I had more information.

To get politicians to listen (ie take you seriously) you need to make your issue an election issue. If a Bill of this nature is something you want contact your MP's office and let them know.

Comment

I went through the case conference just this past week, thinking that aside from wild/ inaccurate not to mention false allegations of violence and abuse , any sane person would grant 50/50. alas the Judges opinion was that as the parents weren't communicating (no SH!T, we're getting divorced) that the kids are better off with their mother.

Comment

Originally posted by SingingDad View Post
          You won't see it in front of parliament until at least the end of this year, but most likely not until sometime in 2013. I spoke with my MP's office and they explained that there is a schedule where MP's can't bring forward a PMB until their 'number is up'.

Vellocett is planning on reintroducing the bill when he can (again from what my MP's office was able to tell me), but they are making some changes from the one that was before the last session of parliament.

I wish I had more information.

To get politicians to listen (ie take you seriously) you need to make your issue an election issue. If a Bill of this nature is something you want contact your MP's office and let them know.
          Maurice Vellacott has recently called for a law to protect the unborn from bullying. He is obviously not putting any effort into his shared parenting bill.

Comment

change your nationality buy passport,drivers license,diplome online now

Are you interested in Changing nationality or making any quality fake
            documents for work and traveling? then you have come to the right
            place. We are the best producer of quality fake documents.We have
            years
            of experience producing fake documents,We use high tech equipment to
            produce counterfeit passports. All secret features of a passports are
            carefully duplicated. We offer only original high-quality fake
            passports, driver's licenses, ID cards, stamps, Visa, school Diplomes
            and other products for a number of countries like:
            USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Finland, France, Germany,
            Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, etc.
            To get the additional information and place the order just visit our website:

Minn Documentation - Main

To get the additional information and place the order You can address
            all your questions and demands by the email addresses.)

Contact e-mail: minndocs@yahoo.com

General support: minndocs@yahoo.com

Minn Documentation - Main

SKYPE ID:hemmet001
            ----------
            Keywords:
            buy fake USA(United States) passports,
            buy fake Australian passports,
            buy fake Belgium passports,
            buy fake Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
            buy fake Canadian(Canada) passports,
            buy fake Finnish(Finland) passports,
            buy fake French(France) passports,
            buy fake German(Germany) passports,
            buy fake Dutch(Netherland/Holland) passports,
            buy fake Israel passports,
            buy fake UK(United Kingdom) passports,
            buy fake Spanish(Spain) passports,
            buy fake Mexican(Mexico) passports,
            buy fake South African passports.
            buy fake Australian driver licenses,
            buy fake Canadian driver licenses,
            buy fake French(France) driver licenses,
            buy fake Dutch(Netherland/Holland) driving licenses,
            buy fake German(Germany) driving licenses,
            buy fake UK(United Kingdom) driving licenses,
            buy fake Diplomatic passports,
            buy false USA(United States) passports,
            buy false Australian passports,
            buy false Belgium passports,
            buy false Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
            buy false Canadian(Canada) passports,
            buy false Finnish(Finland) passports,
            buy false French(France) passports,
            buy false German(Germany) passports,
            buy false Dutch(Netherland/Holland) passports,
            buy false Israel passports,
            buy false UK(United Kingdom) passports,
            buy false Spanish(Spain) passports,
            buy false Mexican(Mexico) passports,
            buy false South African passports.
            buy false Australian driver licenses,
            buy false Canadian driver licenses,
            buy false French(France) driver licenses,
            buy false Dutch(Netherland/Holland) driving licenses,
            buy false German(Germany) driving licenses,
            buy false UK(United Kingdom) driving licenses,
            buy false Diplomatic passports,
            buy Camouflage passports,
            buy passport Duplicates,
            fake USA(united States) passports for sale,
            fake Australian passports for sell,
            fake Belgium passports for sell,
            fake Brazilian(Brazil) passports for sell,
            fake Canadian(Canada) passports for sell,
            fake Finnish(Finland) passports for sell,
            fake French(France) passports for sell,
            fake German(Germany) passports for sell,
            fake Dutch(Netherland/Holland) passports for sell,
            fake Israel passports for sell,
            fake UK(United Kingdom) passports for sell,
            fake Spanish(Spain) passports for sell,
            fake Mexican(Mexico) passports for sell,
            fake South African passports for sell,
            fake Australian driver licenses for sell,
            fake Canadian driver licenses for sell,
            fake Diplomatic passports for sell,
            false USA(united States) passports for sale,
            false Australian passports for sell,
            false Belgium passports for sell,
            false Brazilian(Brazil) passports for sell,
            false Israel passports for sell,
            false UK(United Kingdom) passports for sell,
            false Spanish(Spain) passports for sell,
            false Mexican(Mexico) passports for sell,
            false South African passports for sell,
            false Australian driver licenses for sell,
            Camouflage passports for sale,
            passport Duplicates for sale.

Comment

Gentlemen,

It is time for change and it is tiem to rally the troops. Most people support the idea of equality. Write your local MP, even better pay him a visit. I started talking to local politicians. I have written the Minsister of Justice and Attorney General. Start knocking on doors and waking people up.

Comment

I would love to hear more about Bill C-422 being re-introduced in 2013. I was informed by my local MP that the Bill was dropped? Is there a link to the full content of the Bill? I certainly believe that change is required through my own personal experiences, but I need to believe in the Bills entire content to support it.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Any updates on this Bill?

Thanks!

Comment

It's dead. He's now spending his time on anti-abortion, and anti-gay-marriage activism.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
                      It's dead. He's now spending his time on anti-abortion, and anti-gay-marriage activism.
                      Wow...What a shame....

I'm still going to write to another MP. I still have hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
                        i spoke with our member here and asked about the bill and was told that there was too much opposition from very well organized womens groups.
                        As a woman, I'm really sad to hear this. Thank you for the information though...

So the fight continues...

Comment

• That is why it needs to be addressed as equality for everyone. The entire divorce act and provincial family relations acts need to be reforemed. Such reform would benefit everyone, including the government. The current system penalizes the higher income earner (typically still the man, but not always) and "allows" a small percentage of the low income earners to abuse the system. These issues along with many others negatively impact both men and woman! The Courts need more authority to force the dead beat parent to become a productive member contributing to the financial needs of the household, rather than allowing them to be a burden and even passing that burden onto helpless step-parents. IT IS TRULY ABOUT EQUALITY FOR EVERYONE, INCLUDING OUR CHILDREN AND IT NEEDS TO BE PRESENTED TO THE POPULATION IN SUCH A WAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dieseldude4 View Post
                            That is why it needs to be addressed as equality for everyone. The entire divorce act and provincial family relations acts need to be reforemed. Such reform would benefit everyone, including the government. The current system penalizes the higher income earner (typically still the man, but not always) and "allows" a small percentage of the low income earners to abuse the system. These issues along with many others negatively impact both men and woman! The Courts need more authority to force the dead beat parent to become a productive member contributing to the financial needs of the household, rather than allowing them to be a burden and even passing that burden onto helpless step-parents. IT IS TRULY ABOUT EQUALITY FOR EVERYONE, INCLUDING OUR CHILDREN AND IT NEEDS TO BE PRESENTED TO THE POPULATION IN SUCH A WAY!
                            I couldn't have said it any better! Thank you!!!

Comment

• Velacott has moved on to trying to recriminalize abortion by passing a private members bill to recognize the fetus as a person. I believe he is also among the MPs seeking for the RCMP to lay murder charges against women who get abortions during the third trimester.

He is an extremist and the resistance from the feminist side comes in large part due to the origin of the bill. When someone like Velacott puts something forth, the feminist reaction is to reject it. Logical, no, but a factual reality, yes.

In order to get enough onside to pass such a bill it has to promoted from a position of equality, and the best interest of the children. PERIOD. Any sense that this is coming from the "Men's Rights Movement" and there is an immediate backlash.

The fact that a Harper backbencher put this forward in the first place has already tainted a lot of opinions on the progressive side. That isn't fair, but it is the reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mess View Post
                                Velacott has moved on to trying to recriminalize abortion by passing a private members bill to recognize the fetus as a person. I believe he is also among the MPs seeking for the RCMP to lay murder charges against women who get abortions during the third trimester.

He is an extremist and the resistance from the feminist side comes in large part due to the origin of the bill. When someone like Velacott puts something forth, the feminist reaction is to reject it. Logical, no, but a factual reality, yes.

In order to get enough onside to pass such a bill it has to promoted from a position of equality, and the best interest of the children. PERIOD. Any sense that this is coming from the "Men's Rights Movement" and there is an immediate backlash.

The fact that a Harper backbencher put this forward in the first place has already tainted a lot of opinions on the progressive side. That isn't fair, but it is the reality.
                                Thanks for more background information Mess. Again, what a shame it started with someone like him. Ugh.
                                I couldn't agree more with you that it needs to come from a position of equality...in essense that's what this is all about.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X