Flooding the board, sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding the board, sorry

So I'm here tonight when I should have been trick-or-treating with my kids. 1st ex was late to pick up kids that lead to tears (tragic, they missed the party plans). 2nd ex tells me kids are *sick* and I can't have them for T-o-T tonight. So I'm on this board and I'm kinda flooding it becuz I feel an emptiness in me on a night with the kids that I have always adored. Not a knock so far. new to this building for Halloween so have no experience what I could've expected.

Sorry. Kinda alone and sad tonight.

I feel for ya. I for the first time was home alone at Halloween. I am older, 55, so I enjoyed many years of the kids trick or treating. My ache was different. It may sound strange but my ache was missing myself relaxing in the bedroom and enjoying the ex giggling and handing out the goodies to the neighbourhood kids. I was not really a Halloween guy but never realized that I missed that silliness until tonight. I made the most of it. I found some fruit snacks and granola bars ( the granola bars were not a hit lol) and handed them out to the little guys. Got about 40 kids. It passed the evening at least.

Comment

I always did the trick-or-treat part. Took kids out and shelled out the crafts upon return while she spent those hours on her BB. Hard to digest a night where I have become insignificant. Sigh. Managed to pass the time though, as hard as it was.

Comment

The insignificance you are feeling is normal for a lot of us, especially in the beginning of the divorce process. In time you will feel differently. This year it's life-in-limbo, next year will be better

Comment

Considering you are a normal guy, you will only become insignificant if you allow yourself to be made that way. My ex is one of those facebook addicts and she basically all the fun of raising the kids trying to be cool or fit in (she fails anyways)....

Keep it together, play the long game - if the ex is a biatch and you're cool and stick around eventually the kids will see that and one day she'll be wondering why the kids don't want to be around her.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X