Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article by Jeff :)

http://canliiconnects.org/en/summaries/61925

I appreciate Jeff's summation of the article. SS can be quite complicated.

Here is the case
    https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...ocompletePos=1

Comment

Thanks for your kind words Janus and arabian!

If there are any other topics that would be helpful, let me know.

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
      Jeff, I'd like to see an article or research on sample of SS cases showing men being denied spousal support in light of facts that when reversed, results in spousal support award to women. My lawyer talks about this thing he has observed all the time and is what he uses to prove to clients that the system is sexist.
      I'll keep this in mind, but I don't think that such an article is possible. I doubt that any judge is blatantly applying the law differently to men and to women. Any differences in outcomes are likely due to much more subtle factors.

Also, I'm not sure that what you state is true across the board. Certainly in cases where the man is disabled, or in cases where the parties are in a true shared custody situation, at least in Ottawa I have found judges to award support to men the same as to women.
      Ottawa Divorce

Comment

As a support payer of both compensatory and non-compensatory support, I am looking out for the general consensus (and specific examples) on when that compensatory factor has been fully met.

I know all cases generally refer to the "standard of living" test, but that is still pretty vague. I really like to see specifics. More specifically, how often is the test met when the mid-point (or high or low point?) of SSAG duration is reached?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X