Free Child Care Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
    You are mistaken. In Ontario, the OSAP application clearly asks the marital status of your parents and what the income of the parent you live with.

The Liberal party won’t win the next election. More than likely Ontario is headed to a minority government. Then you can bitch about all your tax dollars being spent on another election.

Hmm, didn't know that about OSAP...good to know.

Comment

Blah blah blah...

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/0...re_a_23397574/

and

https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2018/...re-choice.html

Here is the actual report the announcement was based on:

http://edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/affor...for-all-en.pdf
      Last edited by Tayken; 04-02-2018, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
        Then we will be living in Fordnation. I can't see Ontario voting for him.
        I see it happening, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
          Something-something on daycare spaces has been in every Liberal platform since 1993 (federal and provincial). At this rate my kid will be 30 when I can access it!

Comment

Originally posted by cashcow4ex View Post
            There is one reason why our Canadian birth rate is on the decline and that's because we are tax poor and people simply cant afford to have kids.

So people are not having kids because they don't have enough money. You seem to implicitly also state that not having kids is a problem.

Now, to potentially expect people to absorb the cost of daycare for families who up until now have been finding a way to manage is ludicrous and crippling to the tax payers.
            ...and you are angry that the government is giving money to people who have kids.

I'm not saying that paying for daycare is a good thing, but at least make your argument internally consistent.

I know some of you will respond with some Gov't stats or a CBC report which might contradict what I am saying but truth be told, I am sick and tired of working my fingers to the bone to pay a ridiculous amount of taxes so that others may reap the benefits, benefits which in a lot of cases I am not even entitled too.
            So, you are presumptively admitting that you intend to ignore any statistics that might be thrown at you. Your real issue is that you don't want to pay taxes.

A doff my hat to you good sir, you are a true patriot.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
              So people are not having kids because they don't have enough money. You seem to implicitly also state that not having kids is a problem.

...and you are angry that the government is giving money to people who have kids.

I'm not saying that paying for daycare is a good thing, but at least make your argument internally consistent.

So, you are presumptively admitting that you intend to ignore any statistics that might be thrown at you. Your real issue is that you don't want to pay taxes.

A doff my hat to you good sir, you are a true patriot.
              The jest of it is, I have no issue with paying taxes...period. It's a fact of life. Where I do have an issue is with paying HIGHER taxes in an effort to support new social services such as this nonsense.

FYI...ones level of patriotism isn't determined by how many new programs they will happily agree to pay for before they start complaining about it.

LOL....Got to love "Lefty" Liberals, always with your hands out!!!
              Last edited by cashcow4ex; 04-04-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Arabian,

The average cost of a child care space in the Niagara Region is between $40-$55 per day for full time care and dependent on the age of the child. Bigger cities could be charging much more.

Everyone else,

The issue of child care and subsidy is a complicated one. It isn’t as simple as brushing off daycares as “institutions”. The average ECE has employment responsibilities for early education and program planning. Even though parents are paying high fees, the average ECE is only making $14 an hour. Staffing of new centres will be a problem too as ECEs leave for other jobs with less responsibilities, less stress and similar or better pay in other industries.

Want to see if you’ll qualify for subsidy? I included the child care estimator link to the Niagara Region below. No personal info required. We have no wait list for our area and our funding is currently under utilized. (GTA could have up to a 7 month wait for financial assistance but we have none in the Niagara Region.)

You will only qualify for subsidy if you are in school or working and only for the hours of same. If there are two adults in the home, both need to be working or in school.

If there is only one adult, that adult’s income is used. A separated partner’s income is not considered.

And btw, it is net income (line 236 of the most currently filed tax year).

The result will show your total monthly contribution regardless of how many children you have in care. Compare your result to if you have two children in daycare at an average total cost of $1800 a month.

https://niagararegion.ca/living/chil...alculator.aspx
                Last edited by SadAndTired; 04-04-2018, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Test post..

Comment

Interesting how my response post from yesterday is no longer here!

Comment

Thanks Sad and Tired. Very interesting. Quite affordable in Niagara region. Curious that it is underutilized.

Comment

The board is experiencing some technical issues. We are aware and working on it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                          The board is experiencing some technical issues. We are aware and working on it. Thank you.
                          I believe that this has been fixed now. Let me know if there are any further issues.
                          Ottawa Divorce

Comment

It should be visible again. If someone's post is edited or deleted, the person will be informed of this.
                            Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X