questions re post secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions re post secondary

hoping to get some input on here. I am having a difficult time getting the net
    cost from my ex. She claims she had to get a loan to pay for the schooling even
    though the amount is less than the income tax refund she got. What gets me
    suspicious is that all the copies of the cheques show payment to the child and
    not to the school. She is very manipulative and would lie to anyone to save
    herself a dollar. How would I find out if the child got a grant or loan to cover costs? The last fiasco court case ended up with a division of extraordinary expenses based on salaries of the 2 payers and custodial parent. I am the step parent and both myself and the biological parent pay full table support. Yes, should've had a lawyer..

Request full school receipts NOT the cheques. Tell her you will determine your portion when she provides the statement of account from school and copies of receipts for other eligible costs (books, residence etc).

You can figure out the net cost by doing a fake tax return with and without the school costs.

All the rest is useless. Get the receipts.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X