Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Better: Addendum to Affidavit, or Amended Affidavit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Better: Addendum to Affidavit, or Amended Affidavit?

I filed an affidavit for a motion (about 10 pages) a few weeks ago, but subsequent to it there were new incidents that I need to comment on. Should I file a second affidavit as an addendum (it is another 10 pages)? Or combine the two into a single amended affidavit of about 20 pages and the first gets discarded? Or does it not matter at all? If I do a single one, it does require some re-work to make everything flow together. It is not only a matter of copy paste of the 2 in a single document.

I was thinking it does not matter much, and I wrote a second affidavit which referenced the first and then elaborates on recent incidents. But my lawyer says it is best to just do one so that the judge only has one document in hand. I am skeptical that it matters at all.

The main reason I am asking here on the forum is that at the moment my confidence in the quality of his advice is not very high, so I feel the need for a second opinion.

It is always better to hire a lawyer.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X