No announcement yet.

New to Seperation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He keeps saying she left the kids, kids are staying with him, he's going to focus on his kids, she should've had an agreement before leaving, kids live with him....

Doesn't quite sound like kids are with mom 50%, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
      He keeps saying she left the kids, kids are staying with him, he's going to focus on his kids, she should've had an agreement before leaving, kids live with him....

Doesn't quite sound like kids are with mom 50%, but who knows.

I think there is more to this than what was posted. Bottom line, he needs to focus on what he needs to put together for an agreement and get some therapy for the emotional stress.

Word of warning to OP: nice guys finish last. She will look out for her financial needs and you should look out for your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will likely see a lawyer soon.

Just to see where I stand with Pensions....and wage split.

I can always take a lesser paying job(no bonus) that will drop my wage by 25-30k/ year as a last resort.

Mix in some stress leave, max out my unpaid leave and I can get my net income down to about 70k(down from 120k) if I have to.

Will certainly suck making 50k less per year but the hell if I am going to finance her mid-life f***Fest ....

Comment

Ask about equalization and the idea of making a lump sum payment in lieu of getting a share of her pension.

And stop focusing on her relationship with a new man. Its counter productive and really unhealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by 350 Mag View Post
            Will certainly suck making 50k less per year but the hell if I am going to finance her ....
            It'll suck more making 50k less while still being imputed your regular pay.

Comment

Mix in some stress leave, max out my unpaid leave and I can get my net income down to about 70k(down from 120k) if I have to.

Best case:

Instead of making 120k and paying 30k in support, leaving you with 90k, you make 70k and pay 15k in support, leaving you 55k. You have lost 35k. Congratulations!

Likely case:

Judge laughs a bit and tells you to pay 30k in support anyway because you are not actually allowed to lower your income like that.

Will certainly suck making 50k less per year but the hell if I am going to finance her mid-life f***Fest ....
              I thought you loved her and stuff. Don't you want her to be happy?

Seriously though, you are definitely going to be funding her midlife fuckfest. I assume you meant fuckfest, with all the asterixes I wasn't sure if she had serial flatulence or something. Reducing your income won't actually help.

Also, notice how angry you are about a hypothetical boyfriend. Imagine how you are going to feel about a real boyfriend. This divorce is not going to be amicable.

Comment

If the job I am currently posted at comes to an end....and I have to take whatever position the company has to offer and it happens to pay 30k less ...that is NOT an intentional act on my part....that is happening in next 1.5 years regardless of divorce or not.

I definitely want her to be happy...

But after a 30 year relationship I think it's really bad form to just start jumping into bed with strangers?

After all.

It's the second most important decision in your life.?

My wife still says I am attractive...she doesn't like that I tried to "control" her....and I do have some toxic personality traits.....she finds unattractive.

I think deep down she still have some love for me.

I am hoping if we get along....she might be receptive to another chance...IF she sees I have made positive changes.

A divorce is not only a end to a marriage it's an end of a family....and we both owe it to each other to make 100% sure it's the right decision.

Comment

You said your ex checked out several years ago and has only stayed the last few years for the kids. Then you talk about control and personality traits she didn’t like. You need to accept the fact your relationship is over in her eyes. Holding onto a hope of reconciliation is a waste of energy. She doesn’t want to be married anymore. Stop worrying about her and worry about yourself. Stop trying to see something that isn’t there. You are still a “family” its just a different kind of family. You and your kids, her and the kids, and the two of you interacting at special events as separate parents. You can be cordial and work in the best interests of the kids but the marriage is over.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                    You said your ex checked out several years ago and has only stayed the last few years for the kids. Then you talk about control and personality traits she didn�t like. You need to accept the fact your relationship is over in her eyes. Holding onto a hope of reconciliation is a waste of energy. She doesn�t want to be married anymore. Stop worrying about her and worry about yourself. Stop trying to see something that isn�t there. You are still a �family� its just a different kind of family. You and your kids, her and the kids, and the two of you interacting at special events as separate parents. You can be cordial and work in the best interests of the kids but the marriage is over.

I realize there is a 1% chance my wife will come back.

But we talked tonight and she actually agreed that there is a very tiny window....

I am not going to pressure her, I am going to make sure she is comfortable in her new place, and has enough money.

We are also going to fill out forms for seperation agreement just to get into writing that we agree on the value of assets and on a S.S and C.S payments.

Her feelings may change after a few months....

I just have to let her have her space and see.

I am o.k with it either way....I have to be.

..and yes I am not looking back.

The big plus is her mom and dad didn't think divorce was a good idea.....they even told her they are not going to stop loving me....which was very touching.

It actually upset my wife.

But later after the shock wore off they said they will support her decision.

Comment

She could also be lying to you until she gets out of the house. Seriously dude, you need to get a grip and move forward.

Comment

She is not a liar.

It's never too late.

I should have done more 10 years ago....BUT she may not like it on her own.

I am not going to dwell on false hope either....just leaving the door open to reconcile IF she chooses to come back.

Her mom and father split for 2 years and got back together and have been together since.

Comment

You have a 99% chance of not getting back together and in the time away she can put in place financial protections that screw you.

Not to mention what happens if she has someone in mind and she starts seeing them. Are you going to be ok with that?

Comment

Get everything in writing and legally binding. There is no bond or trust to be expected. Everything is fine until it isn’t. Your best interest is not her concern at this point. Better safer than sorrier. Good luck.

Comment

Yes I will get a notorized seperation agreement.

This is Canada, and she is in the drivers seat when it comes to the courts.

This is the most agonizing experience in my life.

The shocking thing is HOW you can say your in love, say forever with a smile on your face, get married have 2 kids and then fall out of love and not even tell your spouse.

The sickest thing is she went to see our Priest 9 years ago and he didn't even advise her to seek counselling or work on the marriage.

She kept that from me for 4-5 years.

She had me in a love starved relationship for the last 10 years....and that really HURT.

But I still love her.

I almost had her admit tonight that she never really loved me at all....

I just feel violated....29 years wasted on someone who got married for all the wrong reasons.....and when it was a fairy tale she didn't have the stones to leave.....she decided to have kids.....

Just so much fail....

Comment

But I still love her.

Just so much fail....
                                You need a therapist, I think you are about to fail even more. You don't want to do that.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X