Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 01-17-2020, 11:05 PM

fairlight has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Some questions

1. Has anyone ever ordered a court transcript, and if so does it matter who you choose from the authorized list?

2. Can you file an appeal of a temporary order after the 30 days if you were unable to file it earlier?

3. Is it good to go to a settlement conference if you haven't done any motions dealing with custody, access, support, etc? Or is it better to do motions first.

4. Finally, are you allowed to speak in court on your own behalf if you have a lawyer present, or do you have to self-rep to be allowed that privilege? I have now dealt with more than one lawyer who really isn't all that familiar with my case when we get to the courtroom and it's unnerving.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:18 AM

JAAJ2016 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlight View Post
1. Has anyone ever ordered a court transcript, and if so does it matter who you choose from the authorized list?

I can only answer this one. You can request a transcript from an office in the courthouse (transcripts is in the name of the office - I don't remember the full name though). You fill out a form, and give a reason for the request, but I was told that a judge will almost never grant it, save for 3 reasons, which the attendant was unable to recall... I guess it's worth a try if you think it will help you.